The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King Geedorah
If a certain 25 Mark Question had the wording along the lines of 'Make out a case against the adoption of a codified constitution' such as in June 2010, Would you simply only deploy negatives of a codified constitution? With no balance on the other side?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, if you talked about the other side they'd see it as wrong and give you no marks because that's not the question- harsh I know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
Has the recall act been passed

Indeed it has

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you think will come up for PM & Cabinet? Didn't Cabinet come up recently?
Original post by UKStudent17
What do you think will come up for PM & Cabinet? Didn't Cabinet come up recently?

One of the 40 mark revision questions in the book is "assess the current status and role of the cabinet" which seems extremely harsh!
Original post by keirjohnharry
One of the 40 mark revision questions in the book is "assess the current status and role of the cabinet" which seems extremely harsh!

That is for sure an option as someone said presidential came up last year, that question scares me! It just depends if they're gonna be that harsh, I'm hoping its power

Posted from TSR Mobile
what topics your revising? do you think they will change the trend i think PM and PLt will come up for source based and con and jud. for 40 marks ? because for the past 2 yrs they had cons and judiciary as stiimulus qs
Is it just me who finds this unit hard?
Original post by mollyadtr
That is for sure an option as someone said presidential came up last year, that question scares me! It just depends if they're gonna be that harsh, I'm hoping its power

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mind so long as you can talk about all the factors which determine presidentialism or power. To be honest, I think that's the only thing I understand in this whole Unit :laugh:
Original post by xxvine
Is it just me who finds this unit hard?

You're not alone. I hate it so much. I feel like it's going to destroy any decent grade I got in Unit 1 :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm this is the answer that Hodder give for it , its pretty weak

Spoiler

Original post by keirjohnharry
Hmm this is the answer that Hodder give for it , its pretty weak

Spoiler

Damn hard a big list, i definitely rule out the coalition one though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

that qs is okay... you talk about how he dominates the political system via SPADS, doesn't consult with his cabinet, the media make him look like a president
That is true...we should probably leave that there, if I think about it more I'll end up having an existential crisis again

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey how did you find unit 1 ? and whats qs did you do ?
Might have to watch it on catch up later as doing revision at the mo, do you know if it usually goes into I player on the same day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how much have you revised?
Original post by cocapopsxx
that qs is okay... you talk about how he dominates the political system via SPADS, doesn't consult with his cabinet, the media make him look like a president

What question you talking about the cabinet question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think we will get an EU question?
I prefer unit 2 to unit 1...guess it's just me
[QUOTE="mollyadtr;65555817"]
Original post by Tej98

I agree, it's definitely not influencing his position in a positive way...with the conservatives it's undoubtably that there will eventually be a civil war however will the media promote it to the extent as the apparent labour civil war? Probably not

I also can't wait to see what happens to ukip after the Eu result - will they grow like the snp or fade to a slow death?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I do hope it's the fade to a slow death.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cocapopsxx
hey how did you find unit 1 ? and whats qs did you do ?

I did democracy and elections, I struggled a bit with the democracy essay question for a few minutes but I think I did okay over all let's just hope 😅how about you how'd you find it and what'd you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by popcornjpg
what makes you think Boris would win? hilariously enough, michael gove has the most positive polling as a potential new leader.

Oh no, let it be a lie!!!!! Michael Gove is a total asshat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending