Original post by TSRPAV
Nah i did it like this:
Mu= 1/8, initial velcoity=4m/s ,mass=0.4kg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Off the wall: R(<--): deceleration: a=- muR= 1/8*0.4*g=-0.49 m/s

displacement s: 5m It comes to rest so v=0

so we want to find U as that will be the final velocity off the wall,

v^2=u^2+2as

0^2=u^2+2(-0.49)(5) -------> U= sqrt(2*0.49*5)= 2.21 (2.d.p)

So R(-->) m=0.4kg u=4m/s v=-2.21 m/s

So I=m(v-u) = 0.4(-2.21-4)= 2.484 Ns and its impulse its a magnitude as both the wall and ball have the exact same impulse (i figured out for the other one/negative version)

so i swear thats right??? still dont get how you guys got 3Ns

Your value for acceleration is incorrect.
MuR = mass x a
You have forgotten the mass of the particle.
Original post by TSRPAV
Nah i did it like this:
Mu= 1/8, initial velcoity=4m/s ,mass=0.4kg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Off the wall: R(<--): deceleration: a=- muR= 1/8*0.4*g=-0.49 m/s

displacement s: 5m It comes to rest so v=0

so we want to find U as that will be the final velocity off the wall,

v^2=u^2+2as

0^2=u^2+2(-0.49)(5) -------> U= sqrt(2*0.49*5)= 2.21 (2.d.p)

So R(-->:wink: m=0.4kg u=4m/s v=-2.21 m/s

So I=m(v-u) = 0.4(-2.21-4)= 2.484 Ns and its impulse its a magnitude as both the wall and ball have the exact same impulse (i figured out for the other one/negative version)

so i swear thats right??? still dont get how you guys got 3Ns

Your acceleration is wrong.. its
(-0.4*g*1/8) divided by 0.4 which gave a=-1.225
This was a resit for me, anyone else?
Which do you prefer M1 or M2
Original post by Hasib98
This was a resit for me, anyone else?
Which do you prefer M1 or M2

Not a resit for me, but I'm doing M2 next week.

I like M2 more, it's more algebraic, and more enjoyable (IMO).
minimum I got was 58-59. So annoyed. I was panicking with that train question and the vector F2 question so I lost 15 marks... Hopefully I scraped an A. Now I need to get 100 in c3 and c4:biggrin:... Feelsbadman
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hasib98
it was a 4 mark question so i think maybe 2 lost because we needed to use understanding and apply it but dont worry bro i didnt do it either :frown:

someone just said 1 mark so hopefully its only 1! also... for question 8, i got the answer 1.2N.. but i missed out g right at the end because 1.2g = 11.76... all my equations were correct do you think I'll lose many marks? and for 8b. i should get method marks for using my answer of T? I got the angle right though
Original post by FlakeFace
for impulse 7 marker, i resolved some forces found R found some sort of acceleration did uR for friction but didnt really put it all together and did the wrong thing to work out the impules. How many marks would i lose?

4 I'd say.
Original post by txnilxnur
someone just said 1 mark so hopefully its only 1! also... for question 8, i got the answer 1.2N.. but i missed out g right at the end because 1.2g = 11.76... all my equations were correct do you think I'll lose many marks? and for 8b. i should get method marks for using my answer of T? I got the angle right though

lets both count on that cos i lost that too xD

And yeah i think just one mark lost for first part as your method was probs top notch and probably only method marks for the next one yes
does it matter if you put M=42 or M=42kg
Overall it was a good paper, but I think some silly marks on the graph cost me. Unofficial mark scheme link anyone
Original post by CaiusMartius
does it matter if you put M=42 or M=42kg

No it asked for the value, so all you had to do was say 42 but it doesn't matter if you put 42kg
Original post by SirRaza97
minimum I got was 58-59. So annoyed. I was panicking with that train question and the vector F2 question so I lost 15 marks... Hopefully I scraped an A. Now I need to get 100 in c3 and c4:biggrin:... Feelsbadman

I need to smack C3 C4 and M2 as well :frown:
really want an A* but core 3 and 4 messes me over sometimes
My m1 was a disaster. I should've revised. I might get 60, so a B or even C?
Original post by KINGYusuf
Wth I got 3.2Ns for the Impulse Q?

I got a flat 3Ns
Will I get the mark for saying the direction of the force on the pully is Southwest??
Original post by Hasib98
I need to smack C3 C4 and M2 as well :frown:
really want an A* but core 3 and 4 messes me over sometimes

Same. I like c3 a lot. c4 is okay but everytime I do volume of rev I put 2pi instead of pi and I need to work on my recognition.
Original post by greg2321
For the moments question which is out of 7 marks I got the incorrect answer of M = 105 and d = but as far as i can see I did the same method as everyone who got the write answer so I must have just made a numerical mistake so does anyone have any idea of how many marks I could possibly get out of 7?

I did the same thing! I'm glad it's not just me. D = 2.25m as well right?

I don't understand either, I did the whole simultaneous thing
Original post by RedDevil1997
Will I get the mark for saying the direction of the force on the pully is Southwest??

i think you'll defo get the mark if you drew a diagram
how many marks was questions 8?
Can someone give me their opinions here...
How many marks will I lose on question 8.. i put the answer as 1.2N but forgot to times by g right at the end. i used this answer for 8b as well so will i get method marks? I got the angle right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending