The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Quote me if you have boundary predictions

58-62 for an A.
Original post by themechguy
I'm thinking 56 A, 65-66 A* and 73=74 for 100 UMS..

66 is the lowest grade boundary for an A* (Jun 09)

Compare the 2 papers and see what you think

Original post by AmarPatel98
File is too big. What can i do?

compress it (into a zip file) or just split it (by taking screen shots).
cant really remember all my answers so some of these are probs wrong, but as a first markscheme it will do?
Original post by Tizzydag
Well that was f*%&£!g dreadful

yep..
Original post by P____P
4 marks for solving the DE (part a)
1 mark for testing the limit as x approaches infinity

For the testing the limit question would it be a B1 ft?
Original post by Shardé
So f***ing accurate.

Ikr? All the transformation prep and CH3 prep in general... for a crappy roots q and demoivres integral -.-
Lmao I did the dumbest thing for the last question. I found the area of the semi circle. Then I found the area of c1(the circle I think) with arccos3/4 as upper limit. I then found c2 with the same upper limit. Then I subtracted Area(c2) from Area(c1)

I then subtracted this final answer from the area of semi circle (call it A(Total))
I then did A(Total) x 2 to get area they were looking for. I also gave an answer to 2 d.p which was about 30. something.

Would I lose marks for using this method?
Does anyone have the F2 IAL paper?
Probably 57-60 for an A. For an A* lool who cares I didn't get that at all jk probably between 64-67.
Well. That was a fun, challenging paper! I love having some nice hard maths to solve!

It's a shame I failed the exam though... Kms
Original post by Pyslocke
Lmao I did the dumbest thing for the last question. I found the area of the semi circle. Then I found the area of c1(the circle I think) with arccos3/4 as upper limit. I then found c2 with the same upper limit. Then I subtracted Area(c2) from Area(c1)

I then subtracted this final answer from the area of semi circle (call it A(Total))
I then did A(Total) x 2 to get area they were looking for. I also gave an answer to 2 d.p which was about 30. something.

You wouldn't lose marks for anything except *maybe* the SF
68 A* my guess, and 73 for full
Original post by Pyslocke

not if you still got the answer right
Original post by Woodford_97
cant really remember all my answers so some of these are probs wrong, but as a first markscheme it will do?

2 is correct

6B) I'm sure it's -(1/12) for the P.I.
6C) same as above
Original post by Student403
Ikr? All the transformation prep and CH3 prep in general... for a crappy roots q and demoivres integral -.-

Exactly. I worked my ass off trying to understand complex transformations. Such a waste.
What happened to arsey?
Original post by kkboyk
I did since, I made quite a lot of silly mistake. I wamted to do the FP2 paper first, but the invigilators gave me M1 first, so loat concentration afterwards :frown:

Just hoping I got a B at least.

I had choice between which one to do first but I did m1 first as it was the one in front of me lol. But I found the m1 very easy I think I got 100 ums for that. But fp2 was horrendous probably got between a C-D for that.
Original post by angrybirdzzz
Q7, Q8b attached.

Thank you very much, your explanation is very clear and concise. Now I figured out what I did wrong

I made silly calculation mistake on question 8 and 7 (c) I changed u=lnx and substitute that.. obviously e and ln cancels out together but I left it. I'm not sure if I can get the mark for it :frown:

I guess I have to study for M2 but that's my main weakness so I'm really worried. Anyway, thanks again. Hope you do well in other exams too.
Original post by target21859
What happened to arsey?

Edexcel told him to stop doing model solutions.

No worries. We have other people and model solutions will be up when the papers are available tomorrow
Original post by target21859
What happened to arsey?

I guess you didnt hear

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending