Original post by Singh_sidhana
how many marks was questions 8?

8a 7 marks
8b 4 marks
how many marks was questions 8?

12. 8 for a and 4 for b
Original post by txnilxnur
Can someone give me their opinions here...
How many marks will I lose on question 8.. i put the answer as 1.2N but forgot to times by g right at the end. i used this answer for 8b as well so will i get method marks? I got the angle right

Quite a few, I imagine you lose a 3+ for the part A but for part B i only see 2 marks max
8a 7 marks
8b 4 marks

you sure i remember 8a being 10 marks , because i got 8 completely wrong.
Original post by Hasib98
This was a resit for me, anyone else?
Which do you prefer M1 or M2

resitted this, and obs m1 becuase m2 hurts me in many ways
Original post by EpicTree
Quite a few, I imagine you lose a 3+ for the part A but for part B i only see 2 marks max

yeah cause all my working out was right.. and 1.2g = 11.76. hopefully I won't lose more than 3!!
How many marks was the moments question?
you sure i remember 8a being 10 marks , because i got 8 completely wrong.

**** na I'm sure it wasn't that many... the only 10 marker was the coefficient of friction
8b was deffo 4 marks i remember that
Quick question hoping someone can clear this out1) for the first question I got got 14 soemthjng degrees and I mentioned this is from the positive X AXIS or to the right People seem to have done 90+ this to get from y axis but they didn't mention so I just used X axis 2) for the coefficient of friction I got the right answer but it came out negative because I took the friction pointing UP the slope and someone said it was down the slope How much would I lose out I think it was 10 marks ?
If I got 66 kg and the length to go with it would I loose many marks? Correct method
Original post by Georgia.C123
If I got 66 kg and the length to go with it would I loose many marks? Correct method

yes
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Quick question hoping someone can clear this out1) for the first question I got got 14 soemthjng degrees and I mentioned this is from the positive X AXIS or to the right People seem to have done 90+ this to get from y axis but they didn't mention so I just used X axis 2) for the coefficient of friction I got the right answer but it came out negative because I took the friction pointing UP the slope and someone said it was down the slope How much would I lose out I think it was 10 marks ?

With the first question it asked for the answer as a bearing which is why you needed to add 90.
As for the second question.. I'm not sure how many marks you'll lose maybe half?
how many marks do you reckon ill get?

1. a. 104 degree
b. p = (400+15t)i + (20t)jq = (20t)i + (800-5t)j
c. q = 640i + 640j

2. a. T = 20.6N
b. I put R=15.5N but put force on scale pan by brink = 14.7N - how many marks will i get?

3. Got everything write until the last line, so had I=mv-mu, and u=3.5, ended up doing a calc error, will that be costly?

4. a. Correct graph
b. T = 8.75 s

5. μ = 0.73

6. Found 2 equations using moments but couldn't go any further with it - how many method marks?

7. a. -1+k=z and 1+k=3z and sub z=-1+k into 1+k=3z so 1+k=3(-1+k) which gives k=0.5 so F2 = 0.5i + 0.5j - if this is wrong then how many marks?
b. V = 12i +5j, thus speed = 13 ms-1

8. a. Tension = 11.76 = 12N (2sf)
b. RF = √(11.76)^2 + (11.76)^2 = 16.6 = 17N (2sf) with a bearing of 045
(edited 7 years ago)
yes

How many about?
How many about?

atleast 3
Grade boundary for this exam paper?

Is there another thread with a poll or something I can compare/contrast to last year?

100% = ?, A* = ?, A = ?, B = ?, C = ?
How many about?

I did the same thing.. do you remember how many it was out of ? I think it was 7, I'm saying probably 4 marks we'd lose which is annoying cause its such a silly mistake
atleast 3

That's okay I guess, dropped that and the vector 7 marker but other than that got it all right so hopefully an a
I did the same thing.. do you remember how many it was out of ? I think it was 7, I'm saying probably 4 marks we'd lose which is annoying cause its such a silly mistake

Exactly! I knew exactly what I was doing with moments but I know the marking isn't at all generous for moments questions ... Really annoying
That's okay I guess, dropped that and the vector 7 marker but other than that got it all right so hopefully an a

I'm sure you did great don't worry about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending