The Student Room Group

OCR (Not MEI) S1 Wednesday 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Could you send a link to the unofficial mark scheme please?
Can anyone remember what the question was for the variance and mean one??
Reply 202
Original post by ytfy
The highest Value was 176 on the box and whisker plot, so there couldn't be any outliers.

Omg I'm such an idiot :frown:
Original post by Metal Warrior
Guys would I lose marks for using 147 and 21.8 to find the sum of msquared instead of 146.5 and 21.75?

I did the same thing! I'm really not sure but I hope we get the marks for it. I got so confused with rounding in that paper.
For spearmans rank I got 0.95 which I know is wrong but I did d^2 was 1 instead of 2 as I initially couldn't understand and had to do it at the end. How many method marks for recognising 1 difference in ranks then applying the wrong number for d^2 but carrying out calculation correctly? Also last question 0.072? For nadine to succeed on second shot, options: SSFS or FSFS? Giving 0.072 or does order of F and S matter for Sandra in the first option giving rise to FSSF option?
Reply 206
1) 3 Marks
2) Nadine wins on her second go, so the options:

FSFS
SSFS
FSSS
Guys on the last question,I misread it as one of them would win if they score once. Will I lose all 5 marks for the question?
Reply 208
Original post by sen99
I cant believe how simple it actually was :frown:((. well there goes 5 marks. I used the wrong formula for variance but for the next part of the question i used the right method to get em2. Do you think I'll get any marks?

Yeah definitely error carried forward man and youll probably get at least 1-2 when you miscalculated the variance. I know how it feels though i misread the last question i thought they had to score one goal haha
Also I got 11 apples for Q3iii?
Original post by slothgenius
Also I got 11 apples for Q3iii?

Me too, was only an educated guess though
[QUOTE=ytfy;65561033]1) 3 Marks
2) Nadine wins on her second go, so the options:

FSFS
SSFS
FSSS

For first 2 options correctly calculated how many marks will that receive out of the 3 marks 1 or 2? Lose accuracy mark for missing option out?
Original post by slothgenius
Guys on the last question,I misread it as one of them would win if they score once. Will I lose all 5 marks for the question?

dependso n working on, most likely 1 mark for each part
Reply 213
Why is it 1/210 instead of 4/35???
Original post by cc262626
Are you sure?! Loads at my school said was wrong

I put 12/35 in the exam but I think it's 1/70. You'd do 3c1x2c1x1c1x2c1 / 7p4
That's 1/70 but in the exam I put 7c4 as the denominator!
Misread the last question as score once. Only noticed in the last 3 minutes so tried to change it all, got the correct working but had no time to actually write an answer :frown:
Reply 216
Original post by AstroNandos
Misread the last question as score once. Only noticed in the last 3 minutes so tried to change it all, got the correct working but had no time to actually write an answer :frown:

Same I thought it was for them to score one goal because I had seen that question before in a paper. 5 easy marks gone
Original post by Ozil5
Why is it 1/210 instead of 4/35???

I got 4/35 as well but the answer is 1/210.

There are 24 ways of making BARBARA, but when we work out the number of ways =24, we don't make them distinct (i.e. we don't divide by 3!2!2!).

Like wise when we work out the total number of ways, we don't make them distinct (so we don't divide the 7! by 3!2!2!) , so the answer is 24/7! which is 1/210
Reply 218
Thought it was an average paper. Mucked up the coded variance question, the ABBA question and the last 2 geometric questions (left out a possible combination). Hopefully I can still get an A.
Reply 219
Original post by liverpool7867
I got 4/35 as well but the answer is 1/210.

There are 24 ways of making BARBARA, but when we work out the number of ways =24, we don't make them distinct (i.e. we don't divide by 3!2!2!).

Like wise when we work out the total number of ways, we don't make them distinct (so we don't divide the 7! by 3!2!2!) , so the answer is 24/7! which is 1/210

That makes a lot of sense thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending