The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

wait so what could you rule out of the world cities 40 marker?
Anyone know management strategies adopted at Chrischurch earthquake?
micro climates maybe, and weather affecting british isles
Original post by oa98
how long are your 40 markers roughly??? i never seem to be able to write enough within the time limit!

My teacher said to usually do 2 pages filled on both sides so basically 4 pages is enough, 5 pages max or else you're probably be waffling too much
Original post by tcameron
Tropic climates 40 marker would be nasty I think :/
I think it may be climate of british isles aswell - maybe another air masses type one

Yeah true, very hard to judge as June 14 was an air masses one, urban climates hasn't come up since Jan 13 and tropical climates has only come up in June 12... so really not sure. If you're worried about a tropical climates essay question have a look at this, http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2030-W-TRB-E1.PDF , its exemplar exam answers from June 12 and the essay is the tropical climates one. It got 28/40
Reply 1505
Original post by tcameron
My teacher said to usually do 2 pages filled on both sides so basically 4 pages is enough, 5 pages max or else you're probably be waffling too much

thank you! i usually only end up being able to write just about 3 ffs
Original post by IReapZz6
wait so what could you rule out of the world cities 40 marker?

regeneration can be ruled out, but I wouldn't rule out urban decline because you could tie that into decentralisation of retailing which is my prediction!
Original post by geographygenius2
interested in this also

urban climates, weather affecting british isles maybe
I personally think we're going to see a microclimates/tropical climates + atmospheric features for the weather and climate 40 marker - haven't seen anything like that in a while. Additionally, the plate tectonics 40 marker will probably be either on the plate tectonic theory or something seismic - we saw a volcanic question last year
Reply 1509
Any ideas what the 25 marker on weather and climate could be on?
Original post by allanafaulks
Our teachers have made us learn 4 topics instead of just three 😡

I have this problem so now I just know everything really briefly and not really in enough depth..
Original post by plxntsoul
ayyeeee, I see Matty as ur icon too :tongue:

he is indeed hes such a babe omg whats your fav song
also what could you rule out for tectonics 25 marker!?!
any predictions for ecosystems 25 markers?
any prediction for ecosystems 40 marker or ecosystems 7/8/10?
any suggestions on what the 40 marker plate tectonic question might be?
Original post by IReapZz6
also what could you rule out for tectonics 25 marker!?!

look at what came up in especially in 2015 and maybe 2014 as they are highly unlikely to come up
Original post by jaggles123
any suggestions on what the 40 marker plate tectonic question might be?

I'd place my bets on something to do with tectonic plate theory, or seismic activity. We haven't seen a question on tectonic plate theory as a 40 marker in a while, nor generally the distribution of seismic effects and their impacts. I highly doubt it'll be a specific volcanic question
Reply 1518
What's likely to come up in development and globalisation short questions?
Based on patterns and what hasn't been set recently, I think that:

Weather 25 mark: Climate on a local scale; urban heat island and air quality or major climate controls; atmospheric circulation.
World Cities 25 mark: Either Urban/reurbanisation, property led regeneration or possibly transport.
Tectonics 40 mark essay: Plate tectonic theory relating to seismic events with emphasis on tsunamis.

Anybody else agree/disagree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending