The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RuariJp
For 4b) I used the first order from part a and equated things to r p and q. Will I get 0 marks for this do you think?

I did this too, only got as far as equation in x, t and r
Original post by Student_2357
To be honest, apart from Q4, they were all standard questions. There were two obvious ways to approach 4b, one was treating it as a 1st order differential and finding the integrating factor etc. and the second method was differentiating it again and treating it as a 2nd order then solve. A*-70?

too high no?
Original post by Zacken
I know it wasn't a very easy paper but that's being overly optimistic. Sorry!

Grade boundary predictions?
What did everyone get for part a of question 4, with p q and r etc? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Student_2357
To be honest, apart from Q4, they were all standard questions. There were two obvious ways to approach 4b, one was treating it as a 1st order differential and finding the integrating factor etc. and the second method was differentiating it again and treating it as a 2nd order then solve. A*-70?

Lol you're bad.
74 - A*, minimum.
Original post by P____P
too high no?

Grade boundary predictions?

He did the IAL paper - he hasn't seen the UK paper
Original post by TheFarmerLad
I did this too but further showed Integration by parts once. I reckon 4-5 marks lost, not the end of the world :wink:

Thanks man :biggrin: I think the rest of the paper I did okay I messed up my limits for Q8 but that's not too bad either aha
Original post by Princepieman
OMGG, yes. I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just can't figure out what i did wrong, i checked all my working over loads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its a shame they didnt ask a question about CH3 which is a fairly large topic in FP2.
Original post by Student403
He did the IAL paper - he hasn't seen the UK paper

Spoiler

Reply 1849
I guess the grade boundarie won't be very low... Most question was pretty standard except the question about dy/d(theta)+2y=sin(theta)

The polar might be a bit tricky but it is not extremely hard, the second order differentiation question is very similar to the 2015 june one so I guess many people should be already aware of that

And there are many proof question which is easy to get all the mark...

I guess the A* grade boundarie will be about 70-69 since I checked the previous paper's grade boundaries, 2015 was 71, 2014 and 2013 were 70 and 2012 was 69, the A* grade boundarie will definitely not be lower than 68

Good luck to everyone's FP3, their grade boundary was aboslutely low lol
Original post by edothero
Lol you're bad.
74 - A*, minimum.

A* is 90% UMS so it stands to reason that you need 90 marks for it.
Sorry if I'm a bit late to this discussion, but here are my answers to the questions if it's helpful (might be in wrong order). I found the paper quite difficult, but I think I did all of the questions.

1. -2 < x < -sqrt(2), -1 < x < sqrt(2)
2. n(n^2 -3n - 9) / (n+1)(n+2)
3. 2e^(i pi/24), then three others with argument +- multiples of pi/2
4A. r/q + c e ^(-qt/p) [limits at r/q]
4B. 1/5 * (2sinx - cosx + e^(-2x))
5. 1 + 2(x-pi/4) + 2(x-pi/4)^2 + 8/3 * (x-pi/4)^3 +...
6. y = Ax + Bx^2 - 1/(12x^2)
7. a = 1/16, b = -5/16, c = 5/8
8A. P is (21/4, arccos(3/4)), Q is (21/4, -arccos(3/4))
8B. 32.5
60 for an A?
Original post by neyjunior
60 for an A?

Sounds reasonable, maybe 61.
For part a) of 4 proving the series, it mentioned r > 0. I simply made the three terms into the fraction required and just plonked r > 0 at the end lol. Will this lose many marks? I'm not trolling btw :biggrin:
Original post by Fbiemad
I agree.
What was the final answer to this question by the way?

I think it was (2/5)sin(theta)-(1/5)cos(theta)+(1/5)e^(-2theta),
How many marks will i lose if for the polar coordinates question, i find the area of the sector then integrate one of the curves in the limit pi - arccos 3/4 ? sorry, i know it sounds complicated.
unofficial markscheme?
For the complex roots question I messed up and got my r wrong but I got the 4 values of theta right, how many marks out of 5 do you think I'll lose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending