The Student Room Group

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
I agree. That's harmful, though in my opinion.

It's no better than saying 'I don't mind black people, just don't be black around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you.'

both are equally abhorrent and harmful.
Original post by BaconandSauce
It's no better than saying 'I don't mind black people, just don't be black around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you.'

I agree.
Being a muslim isn't natural

But can I ask what you would say if I ask you to stop being a Muslim around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you. (you see the thing is you can stop being a Muslim at any time you like. Gay people don't have that choice.)

Being Muslim is natural according to Islam; everyone is born a Muslim, hence why converts are said to 'revert' back to the religion. Besides that, out of respect to you, I'd certainly stop doing those things that aren't compulsory when around your siblings etc, but I wouldn't stop praying even if around them - and I cant imagine a situation where I would be praying around them. The argument that being gay is a genetic case is preposterous, its been used a gazillion times by a gazillion pro-gays, but when you ask for proof they somehow riggle out of it. Simply put, if its genetic, point me to the gene that holds it.

Your argument is based entirely on homosexuality being genetic; which it isn't. Being black is genetic, besides, not one single point can be made to suggest being black is a problem.
Original post by lordoftheties
Your argument is based entirely on homosexuality being genetic; which it isn't. Being black is genetic, besides, not one single point can be made to suggest being black is a problem.

Stronger arguments for homosexuality being genetic to a degree, than it not being.

Being Muslim is natural according to Islam; everyone is born a Muslim, hence why converts are said to 'revert' back to the religion. Besides that, out of respect to you, I'd certainly stop doing those things that aren't compulsory when around your siblings etc, but I wouldn't stop praying even if around them - and I cant imagine a situation where I would be praying around them. The argument that being gay is a genetic case is preposterous, its been used a gazillion times by a gazillion pro-gays, but when you ask for proof they somehow riggle out of it. Simply put, if its genetic, point me to the gene that holds it.

*******s. You choose your religious affiliation.
Im not even gonna bother reading, I already know its ********. If it was proven Id have known by now, lets put it that way. Cue the 'ill take that as a loss' comments roflmao. We all know if I open that link its gonna prove nada.
(edited 7 years ago)
Im not even gonna bother reading, I already know its ********. If it was proven Id have known by now, lets put it that way. Cue the 'ill take that as a loss' comments roflmao. We all know if I open that link its gonna prove nada.

You are literally being provided with research and still refusing to engage with it.

Lost cause
Being Muslim is natural according to Islam;

Circular logic and an epic fail
Being Muslim is natural according to Islam;

if i write a book that says elephants can fly it doesn't make it true now does it
Your argument is based entirely on homosexuality being genetic; which it isn't.

another fail
Original post by hezzlington
You are literally being provided with research and still refusing to engage with it.

Lost cause

'Tis true, the lad provided many a link. But why waste my time when I know they aren't credible or prove anything? For if they did, the world would've known it by now, and every abrahamic religion out there would've had to admit its flaw. He admitted himself that they couldn't identify a gene.
Original post by whitetack
if i write a book that says elephants can fly it doesn't make it true now does it

Well **** sherlock, you've got me there havent you. Thats been said many a time, and been answered many a time.
another fail

LMAO. Okay il bite, how in the world is it a fail? You cant possibly have faith in the links that person put up?! Research on finding this so called 'gay gene' didnt just start yesterday, if the fruits of that researches labour is a measly link from a site ive never heard of then...
'Tis true, the lad provided many a link. But why waste my time when I know they aren't credible or prove anything? For if they did, the world would've known it by now, and every abrahamic religion out there would've had to admit its flaw. He admitted himself that they couldn't identify a gene.

What do you consider credible? And well he's providing them because he believes they prove something.

and well not necessarily. Abrahamic religions aren't particularly well known for admitting flaws.

in other words

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalitconfusesmebecasue toacceptthiswouldmeangodiswronglalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
in other words

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalitconfusesmebecasue toacceptthiswouldmeangodiswronglalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

I will glady take that as you knowing you dun goofed and are now riggling your way out of it, I believe i foreshadowed this in a post like 5 min ago lmaooo
LMAO. Okay il bite, how in the world is it a fail? You cant possibly have faith in the links that person put up?! Research on finding this so called 'gay gene' didnt just start yesterday, if the fruits of that researches labour is a measly link from a site ive never heard of then...

you've been given proof but you choose to ignore it so you remain ignorant and still tell the lie to yourself.

as I said fail
Original post by hezzlington
What do you consider credible? And well he's providing them because he believes they prove something.

and well not necessarily. Abrahamic religions aren't particularly well known for admitting flaws.

He's a member of the ISOC so I think it would need a visit from god and an explanation why he was wrong in the first place
(edited 7 years ago)

And if it was proven that it was a mental defect or a choice, conversion therapies would be legal in the UK and it would be a registered mental illness with the British Psychological Society/Association, but guess what? It's not. You are wrong. Deal with it.

And how do you work that one out? If that were the case, the West and the East would be on the same page; they're not. Three guesses as to why.

I will glady take that as you knowing you dun goofed and are now riggling your way out of it, I believe i foreshadowed this in a post like 5 min ago lmaooo

Actually, that is exactly how you are behaving and coming across. You cannot deal with the fact that:

a). Research has been going on for years on the 'gay gene';
b). The most highly respected psychological and medical authorities in the world have concluded that homosexuality is neither a mental disorder, nor a choice;
c). That although nothing is 100% certain yet, all evidence points towards the argument you so ardently disagree with.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending