The Student Room Group

2016 Unofficial M1 Mark Scheme? 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
How many marks was 8b

Posted from TSR Mobile
How marks do I get if I got RS=0 and RT=0 the wrong way round but still got d and M, even the d and M is wrong?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by philo-jitsu
For people who got d=1.6 and m=66 because of using wrong distance....if we showed all working how many marks would we get out of the 7?

Also i drew the graph correct except the 30ms graph decelrated before the 40ms line so the area was less/wrong....how many out of 4 if everything else was correct?

Also for some reason i think i got exactly double th etension in q8....i used the correct method for part b...do i get ecf?

Thanks for anyone who can help

I got 66 too :frown:
Original post by KINGYusuf
Isn't the last Q:

resultant force = 2Tcos45? So around 8. something

See that's what I got but I got the tension as 0.8g (7.84N) so I got something like 11.09 -->11.1N
Reply 124
can someone show q7 a working out?

and if u got d=1.6 and M=66 due to using wrong distance but working correct how many marks would i get?
Original post by ak33m98
Are you sure that for question 5, μ was to 2 significant figures and that 8b asked for the angle?

They didnt ask for a specific sig fig for question 5, so μ could probably be to 1, 2 or 3 sig fig (based on previous years markschemes).

And yeah, 8b asked for the magnitude and direction. So essentially an angle/bearing was required.
Original post by Haamoo7
R - 1.5g = 1.5a
Since a was 0.5ms-2,

R - (1.5x9.8) = (1.5x0.5)
R - 14.7 = 0.75
So R = 14.7 + 0.75 = 15.45

I got 5.15N because there was tension as well:

T - R - (1.5x9.8) = (1.5x0.5)
R = 20.6 - 14.7 - 0.75
So R = 5.15N
Can anyone tell me the mass of the scale pan and the brick inside it respectivley?
For 1c) I got unto t=32, but then i got the wrong position vector (I probs subbed the 32 into the wrong equation). How many marks would I lose?
Original post by Lucas.Kaiser
I got 5.15N because there was tension as well:

T - R - (1.5x9.8) = (1.5x0.5)
R = 20.6 - 14.7 - 0.75
So R = 5.15N

You don't include tension when just looking at the brick on the pan.

https://youtu.be/0dDtHonctTg?t=6m55s

You only include tension when looking at the lift as a whole system (e.g. the first scenario of the 2nd column in the video).
Original post by awiodnaio
Can anyone tell me the mass of the scale pan and the brick inside it respectivley?

1.5kg for the scale pan and 0.5kg for the brick
Original post by awiodnaio

Scale pan: 0.5kg
Brick: 1.5kg

(If I remember correctly)
Original post by Haamoo7

You only include tension when looking at the lift as a whole system (e.g. the first scenario of the 2nd column in the video).

But if you were just looking at the brick in the pan:

R - 0.5g = 0.5x0.5
R = 4.9 + 0.25
R= 5.15N
Original post by Lucas.Kaiser
But if you were just looking at the brick in the pan:

R - 0.5g = 0.5x0.5
R = 4.9 + 0.25
R= 5.15N

I remember the brick having a mass of 1.5kg
:/
But yeah if the brick was 0.5kg, you're right.
Original post by Haamoo7

Actually I think I got the masses the wrong way around, sorry
If I used the correct method but my numbers were wrong, would I still get the method mark?
Hey guys also for 1(b) p = (400+15t)i + (20t)j
q = (20t)i + (800-5t)j

I wrote p = 400i + t(20j+15i)
and for q = 800j + t(20i-5t)

I saw in mark schemes this is sometimes how they write it, it means exact same thing, do you think I will get full marks for this?
What were the two equations you got for the vector question when working out for u and h (Mew and Lamda)
does anyone remember the details of question 6 such as distances and masses?
Hi thanks for the replies Klopp can you please do the scale pan question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending