The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Alternative method for the 1ODE in 4b

apologies for my crap scanner + handwriting

That's what I did!

TSR, can you ****ing stop scaring the **** out of me about some double IBP easy **** which is worth 7 marks..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think this is the most difficult FP2 paper ever, as some people are describing it. For two of the questions, I had no idea what to do, but the rest of the paper was made up of doable questions. I still voted to say that this exam is hard though; the first order differential equation question was incredibly tough!
Original post by Hineshtailor
How many marks was question 8b, asap pls

It was 7
Does anyone have a full list of how many marks each question was worth?
Original post by NamelessPersona
This is what I did but I got a different answer to most people :/ (got area as 71.00)

I got 71.003 too, this is because the bound of the 7 cos x is pi/2 not pi. If you integrate between arccos(3/4) and pi you get 71.003 rather than 32.5.

Sorry if this has already been answered.
Reply 1885
Got everything else correct except I failed to solve the intergration by parts damn it...
How many mark will I lose out of 7? 5 or 4?
Guys urgent for the complex number what was z^4= to?, was it 8 +8root3 i or 8root3 +8i. Cause i got arg angle as π/3 which is arctan root3
Original post by Insight314
That's what I did!

TSR, can you ****ing stop scaring the **** out of me about some double IBP easy **** which is worth 7 marks..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, this is a really good method, never even considered it.
image.jpg
Original post by TheJack12
how do you integrate e^xsinx then?

Sorry if it's not very clear
Original post by Michael126
Sorry if I'm a bit late to this discussion, but here are my answers to the questions if it's helpful (might be in wrong order). I found the paper quite difficult, but I think I did all of the questions.

1. -2 < x < -sqrt(2), -1 < x < sqrt(2)
2. n(n^2 -3n - 9) / (n+1)(n+2)
3. 2e^(i pi/24), then three others with argument +- multiples of pi/2
4A. r/q + c e ^(-qt/p) [limits at r/q]
4B. 1/5 * (2sinx - cosx + e^(-2x))
5. 1 + 2(x-pi/4) + 2(x-pi/4)^2 + 8/3 * (x-pi/4)^3 +...
6. y = Ax + Bx^2 - 1/(12x^2)
7. a = 1/16, b = -5/16, c = 5/8
8A. P is (21/4, arccos(3/4)), Q is (21/4, -arccos(3/4))
8B. 32.5

4a do u need to find out the value of c?
I'm such a fool - on the polar question, I left my answer in exact form but instead of arccos(3/4) I used theta. I used theta and -theta as my limits throughout as well, although I did sub them in as arccos(3/4). I left the other parts of my answer in terms of pi and root7. How many marks am I likely to lose for this?
That's what I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol never thought of that, this is smart
Original post by Khoinet
Guys urgent for the complex number what was z^4= to?, was it 8 +8root3 i or 8root3 +8i. Cause i got arg angle as π/3 which is arctan root3

8root3 + 8i.
8b) (49/4) pi + (3/4) sqrt 7- 11arccos 3/4
For question 8B I got the method right, but made a stupid mistake when expanding the bracket, (3+3costheta)^2, before integrating. How many marks out of 7 would I lose? :/
How was it?

I had quite a few exams after FP2, so I just came to TSR. I think I got 75/75 but I am not sure if I lost some marks due for the fact that everyone in here is crying about some integral with integration by parts when I don't remember doing any IBP in the exam. I finished early so I was able to check my solutions multiple times. What do you mean by exponential version of sin x?

Posted from TSR Mobile
wouldnt your answer be left with imagninary terms..?
**** man,

Lost 3 on series cus I didnt move past the cancelling stage.

Lost 4 on differential question cus I didnt go past the first product (thought is was infinite loop)

Lost 2 on polar for calculating one of the integrals wrong.

Stupid FP2 :smile:
Original post by cjlh
8root3 + 8i.

Oh that was sad , how many mark was the question . how many mark do you think i will get if i got correct r value but wrong theta value, i did the correct method?
Original post by somevirtualguy
image.jpg

Sorry if it's not very clear

Wow that's so simple, I started doing by parts as well😡😡😡
Original post by JJarosz98
I got 71.003 too, this is because the bound of the 7 cos x is pi/2 not pi. If you integrate between arccos(3/4) and pi you get 71.003 rather than 32.5.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

I thought it said the bound was pi?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending