The Student Room Group

FP2 Unofficial Answers for 5/8 Qs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Major-fury
it's pi/6 it's the arctan of 1/root(3)

What do you mean, its 8root3 divide by 8 which is root 3 look at his model answee he made a mistake? Z^4 = 8 + 8root3 i right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Khoinet
What do you mean, its 8root3 divide by 8 which is root 3 look at his model answee he made a mistake? Z^4 = 8 + 8root3 i right?

I think it was supposed to be 8root3 + 8i
Reply 22
For the complex roots question I messed up the value of r but got all angles right (11pi/24... etc). How many marks do you think I will lose?
Reply 23
I think it was supposed to be 8root3 + 8i

Are you sure? Cause i remember it the other way.
Original post by Khoinet
Are you sure? Cause i remember it the other way.

I remember getting pi/6 lol hope i'm correct xD
it's pi/6 it's the arctan of 1/root(3)

I think the person might be right that it should be pi/3 ... am i right in saying that the q was 8 + 8root3 i or was it 8root3 + 8i.
Original post by Khoinet

It was 8(root 3 + i) which gave tan-1 (1/root3) = pi/6
Reply 27
Original post by coolguy123456

Too bad, i got the angle wrong but correct r. How many mark do yo think i will get? I did the correct method. How many mark was that question?
Original post by coolguy123456

Ah sweet bc i definitely remember the answers as the ones i've got in the document.
Original post by Khoinet
Too bad, i got the angle wrong but correct r. How many mark do yo think i will get? I did the correct method. How many mark was that question?

Another reason you might have got pi/3 is that if you typed in on your calc tan-1 8 *division sign* 8 root 3, it gives you pi/3 but if you type it in using the proper fraction sign then it gives you pi/6. You've probably lost 1-2 marks i'd say.
How many marks would I lose for question 4? i got up to where you had to use the chain rule but had no idea what to do :s-smilie: so i had ye^(2theta)=integral of e^(2theta)*sin(theta)

Quick Reply

Latest