The Student Room Group

Geography A AQA GCSE 2016 exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aqvague
Might not have been, but certainly asked to explain why there were differences between the two

Whoops! I thought you meant the rising sea level question (coastal zone) but realised you probs mean one from water on the land!
Reply 41
Oh right yes water on the land not coasts😂
I do coastal zones, restless earth and living world.
Loool is it weird that I enjoyed the exam? I literally just looked through paper 1 of 2012&13 and so many of the 4,6&8 markers on those papers or similar to them came up. I did last minute revision on coastal flooding in the Maldives and on the adaptations of fold mountains and they bloody came up. I was so happy 😂😹
Reply 43
Good thing you don't do Ice, that was a bi*ch 😂
Reply 44
Original post by 1a2b3c4b
image.jpg

Tomorrows predictions

Yooo that was pretty accurate
Could you please post another one of these for unit 2? That would be great
Reply 45
Original post by h.cornwall
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B375vozJmtIyMTlNdENHNzM3SXM/view?usp=sharing

Here is my prediction for the Human Geography paper. Topics included are Population change, Globalisation and Tourism. THIS IS ONLY A PREDICTION!

Thanks, this is useful!!!
Original post by 13aa

yes that would be much appreciated
Original post by 13aa

I can't send like the screenshots so I'll just send the actual prediction
Population change: agricultural change, non-birth control policy, push/pull factors, refugeesChanging urban environments: housing, improving squatter settlements, effects of rapid urbanisation/ industrialisation Globalisation: renewable energy, food miles, water-political issues, rural debt- economic issuesTourism: cities/mountains/coasts, butler model, mass tourismDevelopment gap: debt abolition, sustainable development projects, top down project, EU inequalities and how they are being reduced
Original post by h.cornwall
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B375vozJmtIyMTlNdENHNzM3SXM/view?usp=sharing

Here is my prediction for the Human Geography paper. Topics included are Population change, Globalisation and Tourism. THIS IS ONLY A PREDICTION!

What would you say for the 8marker on the tourism section?
Reply 49
For tourism, mass tourism is likely to come up as the 8 marker.
Worried:s
How did people find the exam???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Can anyone remember the exact wording for the 8 mark question on population change?
Because I didn't write about trying to decrease the number of babies like most people in my school did but instead I did how Egypt is coping eg build more houses etc.
Original post by verbs36
Can anyone remember the exact wording for the 8 mark question on population change?
Because I didn't write about trying to decrease the number of babies like most people in my school did but instead I did how Egypt is coping eg build more houses etc.

Not exactly but something like 'using a case study explain how a country is coping with rapid population growth'
Reply 54
Original post by verbs36

It was something like describe how a country copes with rapid population growth
Reply 55
Original post by gst2016

does it matter if i do half of a topic that i wasnt meant to do and then cross it out or will it get marked? I put at the top dont mark this but i dunno if itll get marked and ill get 0 for a whole topic?
Original post by gst2016

I believe it was 'Account for the strategies used by one country to handle rapid population growth'
Original post by exams111
does it matter if i do half of a topic that i wasnt meant to do and then cross it out or will it get marked? I put at the top dont mark this but i dunno if itll get marked and ill get 0 for a whole topic?

Did you do the 3 topics you were supposed to do?
What did people write about for the 8 marker on tourism about maintaining income and decreasing negative effects?
Reply 59
Original post by exams111

Not at all. If you say do not mark and then did three other topics they definitely will not mark it. If you only did two others, then they may mark it but that would just then work to your advantage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending