The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnhall027
yeah same they were really nice with the questions this time i thought, i struggled quite a bit on the Salford housing scheme question tho

yeah, that's question I also struggled with. I left it till the end and came back to it and just put something down! I think I wrote about how the model image shows a kitchen above a living which reduces space and therefore increases the amount of housing/rooms an area/house has.
Original post by caitlinford3
It was a picture of an African woman and you had to annotate the figure as to why her having a stove (not a proper oven) would increase her quality of life. I feel like it was in the development gap though, can't remember it being in urbanisation

That question was a pisstake
I said "No fire used,so no carbon dioxide or monoxide" and "Her legs are being used,so it shows exercise" lol,...Crap question
Paper was decent.I was crapping myself cuz i thought i did wrong case studies.I remember for each case study i spent time thinking "Which one".Luckily i picked the right one(discussed all with my teacher).For e.g last question said tropic area tourism..I did kenya..but i thought "Lets see if i could do Tataqura Lodge or EPping forrest".Luckily Kenya was right.So drained from that exam LOL
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
Lol. I labeled things like Rejuvination and Decline as well as Involvement/Development stage. One of us is wrong...

**** lmao, i thought the questions were for reasons for the number of tourists to the uk? since tourism has been around a lot longer than since 1992 i think i might be right but idk for sure tho
Original post by johnhall027
what do you think grade boundaries are likely to be?

wasn't a hard paper, but probably around 64 like usual because people struggle with human more, I wouldn't be surprised with them being higher though
Reply 44
Original post by TracyEmu
People who did tourism, what did you put for the annotating the graph of tourism change??
It was a very tricky question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put when the graph went down like wars and natural disasters and when it increased I put improvements in technology, more places opening up, more disposable income and improvements in transport but not sure if thats right
did anybody else do Galapagos Islands for eco tourism
People who did tourism, what did you put for the annotating the graph of tourism change??

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put: travel becoming cheaper, major events (olympics), conflict and terrorism (2005 bombings), bad weather
Lol. I labeled things like Rejuvination and Decline as well as Involvement/Development stage. One of us is wrong...

I also talked about things like global recession, more disposable income due to emancipation of women and the olympics...
Original post by Blancosdos
That question was a pisstake
I said "No fire used,so no carbon dioxide or monoxide" and "Her legs are being used,so it shows exercise" lol,...Crap question
Paper was decent.I was crapping myself cuz i thought i did wrong case studies.I remember for each case study i spent time thinking "Which one".Luckily i picked the right one(discussed all with my teacher).For e.g last question said tropic area tourism..I did kenya..but i thought "Lets see if i could do Tataqura Lodge or EPping forrest".Luckily Kenya was right.So drained from that exam LOL

I didn't mind it. I said the heat from the stove means she's able to sterilise water to prevent cholera/typhoid as well as cleaning her clothes, I annotated the children in the background saying infant mortality would be decreased because food is cooked / more sanitation, I said famine/starvation would be reduced because they are able to cook food and drink cleaner water meaning lower death rates and a start up of development, I said learning to cook using the stove would develop skills, the stove could provide warmth if needed
Original post by worksmartnothard
I also talked about things like global recession, more disposable income due to emancipation of women and the olympics...

I probably read the question wrong. I had 2 exams today so was quite stressful.
Reply 50
I did Population, Globalisation and Tourism. Globalisation was by far the hardest of the three. All together, Physical Geography is much easier than Human Geography.

i did exactly the same, did you do ecotourism or mass tourism for the last 8 marker, and which case study for whichever one you did? i did kenya as mass tourism and i talked about trying to incorporate eco tourism to protect the wildlife and stuff I'm not sure if it's right
I probably read the question wrong. I had 2 exams today so was quite stressful.

Yeah dw about it, only 3 marks and what I've seen from the previous grade boundaries, you can afford to lose up to 15-20 for an a*!!
is this aqa and are there any unofficial mark schemes yet?
Original post by dch187
i did exactly the same, did you do ecotourism or mass tourism for the last 8 marker, and which case study for whichever one you did? i did kenya as mass tourism and i talked about trying to incorporate eco tourism to protect the wildlife and stuff I'm not sure if it's right
I did Kenya but did not talk about any ecotourism.

Original post by worksmartnothard
Yeah dw about it, only 3 marks and what I've seen from the previous grade boundaries, you can afford to lose up to 15-20 for an a*!!

Yeah but 3 marks is the difference between grades. I messed up in OCR computing today as well. It was a stupid mistake where I added 1's and 0's wrong...

SO DID I, i hope that was right because i labelled the diagram like it was the butler model
Reply 55
Posted from TSR Mobile

i talked about the 2005 london bombings, 9/11 in 2001, and the 2008 recession. i added more disposable income to the increase in tourism in 1992 i think it was but that bit was a guess. it was an odd question i agree
Reply 56
If on population, when it asked "what is meant by exponential population growth" I put:

As the population gets bigger, the rate of its growth increases

Will I get the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moon.idk
SO DID I, i hope that was right because i labelled the diagram like it was the butler model

Between me and you, I think we read it wrong... Atleast 3 or 4 others were talking about Olympics and bombings... Oh well.
I put Galapagos as well 😃
Reply 59
Original post by Speedbird129
What exam board is this?

AQA (A)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending