The Student Room Group

Most poshest nicest parts of the U.K. To live list

This is my list it is by no means accurate or comprehensive of the nicest and most desirable places to live in the UK at the top of the list, to the worst hell like places at the bottom of the list

London Central for example Knightsbridge Mayfair Kensington Chelsea then moving outside of London to Oxford and Cambridge then moving back within the M25 of greater London then moving south to Kent Sussex For example Canterbury Winchester then moving west awards Devon Cornwall then moving north east towards Gloucestershire the Cotswolds then moving east into the home counties for example Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire Essex then moving north east into East Anglia for example Peterborough Ipswich and Norwich and Colchester moving north to Kings Lynn but no further north from Kings Lynn instead moving south West into the southern Midlands for example Worcester stratford-upon-Avon Milton Keynes South Leicestershire Northamptonshire Warwickshire and then moving to the North West Midlands Cheshire then leaving the Midlands to go to York Harogate in Yorkshire now moving back into the Midlands the East Midlands for example in Derbyshire Staffordshire Matlock Litchfield and Nottinghamshire now moving to Northwest England the Lake District Cumbria then moving north east to a Berwick-upon-Tweed Durham and along the Hadrian's wall area then moving Southwest into The West Midlands for example Herefordshire and Shropshire Shrewsbury, then moving further west into Wales for example the Brecon beacons Snowdonia now moving right up north into Scotland and Lothian Edinburgh and finally moving south into northern England for example Newcastle Lancashire Preston and Lancaster then Leeds Sheffield Manchester North and South Yorkshire then east towards Hull and Grimsby and then back right up north into general Scotland and finally leaving England Scotland and Wales behind to go to Northern Ireland.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You forgot Richmond, Strawberry Hill, and Teddington in London
Reply 2
Seconds thoughts I would put Shrewsbury a bit higher up the list maybe in front of the East Midlands and Devon and Cornwall behind the Cotswolds?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Voi
This is my list it is by no means accurate or comprehensive of the nicest and most desirable places to live in the UK

London Central for example Knightsbridge Mayfair Kensington Chelsea then moving outside of London to Oxford and Cambridge then moving back within the M25 of greater London then moving south to Kent Sussex For example Canterbury Winchester then moving west awards Devon Cornwall then moving north east towards Gloucestershire the Cotswolds then moving east into the home counties for example Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire Essex then moving north east into East Anglia for example Peterborough Ipswich and Norwich and Colchester moving north to Kings Lynn but no further north from Kings Lynn instead moving south West into the southern Midlands for example Worcester stratford-upon-Avon Milton Keynes South Leicestershire Northamptonshire Warwickshire and then moving to the North West Midlands Cheshire then leaving the Midlands to go to York Harogate in Yorkshire now moving back into the Midlands the East Midlands for example in Derbyshire Staffordshire Matlock Litchfield and Nottinghamshire now moving to Northwest England the Lake District Cumbria then moving north east to a Berwick-upon-Tweed Durham and along the Hadrian's wall area then moving Southwest into The West Midlands for example Herefordshire and Shropshire Shrewsbury, then moving further west into Wales for example the Brecon beacons Snowdonia now moving right up north into Scotland and Lothian Edinburgh and finally moving south into northern England for example Newcastle Lincolnshire Preston and Lancaster then Leeds Sheffield Manchester North and South Yorkshire then east towards Hull and Grimsby and then back right up north into general Scotland and finally leaving England Scotland and Wales behind to go to Northern Ireland.

Is reading this meant be a challenge?
Original post by Voi
This is my list it is by no means accurate or comprehensive of the nicest and most desirable places to live in the UK

London Central for example Knightsbridge Mayfair Kensington Chelsea then moving outside of London to Oxford and Cambridge then moving back within the M25 of greater London then moving south to Kent Sussex For example Canterbury Winchester then moving west awards Devon Cornwall then moving north east towards Gloucestershire the Cotswolds then moving east into the home counties for example Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire Essex then moving north east into East Anglia for example Peterborough Ipswich and Norwich and Colchester moving north to Kings Lynn but no further north from Kings Lynn instead moving south West into the southern Midlands for example Worcester stratford-upon-Avon Milton Keynes South Leicestershire Northamptonshire Warwickshire and then moving to the North West Midlands Cheshire then leaving the Midlands to go to York Harogate in Yorkshire now moving back into the Midlands the East Midlands for example in Derbyshire Staffordshire Matlock Litchfield and Nottinghamshire now moving to Northwest England the Lake District Cumbria then moving north east to a Berwick-upon-Tweed Durham and along the Hadrian's wall area then moving Southwest into The West Midlands for example Herefordshire and Shropshire Shrewsbury, then moving further west into Wales for example the Brecon beacons Snowdonia now moving right up north into Scotland and Lothian Edinburgh and finally moving south into northern England for example Newcastle Lincolnshire Preston and Lancaster then Leeds Sheffield Manchester North and South Yorkshire then east towards Hull and Grimsby and then back right up north into general Scotland and finally leaving England Scotland and Wales behind to go to Northern Ireland.

Preston is a nice place to live? This is a joke, right?
Cheshire is really nice in some places, in others just full of chavs
Meh it depends on your tax bracket, with cities like london we have buyers who can afford to buy a simple home, and then we have people who can buy,demolish and build a new home that features a luxury basement.
With London, even if you can afford to spend half a million on a property, you would still be considered average.
It all depends really.
Swore that for a second I was reading code.
Solihull, outskirts of Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Parts of Chesire, Kenilworth, and Areas of London :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Well I thought this list was quite short I have missed out a lot of places it's just intended to give you a general idea based on my own travel experiences which parts of the country are nicer to live in than others it's of course not 100% accurate
I don't think that poshest and nicest necessarily correlate. I would prefer to spend a day in a market in Angel than most places I've been in affluent areas of Highgate (without context), for example.
Reply 11
Original post by Voi
Peterborough Ipswich Kings Lynn Milton Keynes Hull Grimsby

:s-smilie:
Reply 12
I'd rather live in Grimsby than in Scotland simply because it is the last place in England I would live in rather than having to live in Scotland which and might be prettier and nicer To look at with more attractive landscapes but I'd rather be that bit closer to the south east England in Grimsby Lincolnshire then all the way up north stuck in some remote place in Scotland which is fast sleep different to England in a lot of respects like culture language and attitudes et cetera
Original post by Voi
This is my list it is by no means accurate

You got that right.
Original post by Voi
I'd rather live in Grimsby than in Scotland simply because it is the last place in England I would live in rather than having to live in Scotland

That's categorically not the same thing as "poshest and nicest".
Brixton, Peckham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Toxteth, Moss Side, Handsworth, Highgate, Gipton, Harehills
Reply 16
Basically it goes like this south-east England eastern England south Western England central England Wales northern England and finally Scotland
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Why the hell is Preston on the list??!!!!! Most of it is a dump (trust me, I live there) and I cannot wait to go elsewhere!!
St. Albans not on the list but Milton Keynes? :s
Original post by Voi
Basically it goes like this south-east England eastern England south Western England central England Wales northern England and finally Scotland

So Northern Ireland no longer exists and Scotland is one area?

Quick Reply

Latest