The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
how many marks was each question worth.. does anyone remember???

Thanks
Original post by Zacken
No...

What? Full sentence please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by electrifeye
For the complex roots one I did k=0,1,2,3 instead of k=-1,0,1,2. Would this be a problem? Not sure if it matters if you give alternate solutions as long as all 4 k values are consecutive.

i did the same thing it shouldn't matter because they didn't say theta had to be in-between pi and -pi
Original post by Sophie Wilczek
What? Full sentence please

Posted from TSR Mobile

What don't you understand about "no"? You asked a question, I replied with "no".
On the complex numbers and finding the roots one, stupidly i calculated the r value incorrectly, so how many marks would i lose for this do you people think?
Can anyone who remembers the whole paper do question by question with working out? As I think it would be easier for people to see where they might gained/lost marks?

Thanks.
Original post by PrincessZara
Why is everyone acting like the exam happened, it's tomorrowww for meee. da***

You're in the wrong section, BTEC has a separate board on this site.
If u get below an E (40ums) does that mean u get automatically 0 UMS (U) and it counts as if u've never done the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used the wrong method for the De Moivre question, I used the 5C1cos^5xsinx instead. Will I lose all 10 marks?
Original post by lai812matthew
4a do u need to find out the value of c?

Yes i think you did
Original post by shashh
On the complex numbers and finding the roots one, stupidly i calculated the r value incorrectly, so how many marks would i lose for this do you people think?

@Zacken ?
Original post by physicsmaths
This is not foundation paper 2. This is A level further maths, further pure 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess we can see the reason she is taking the 'other' FP2 tomorrow. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophie Wilczek
If u get below an E (40ums) does that mean u get automatically 0 UMS (U) and it counts as if u've never done the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

NO.
Original post by Zacken

I presume you haven't seen our paper yet, when you do, could give your thoughts about the boundaries please
Well that was a disaster.

I think on the first question I fell asleep so somehow managed to get it to (x+1)(x+2)(x^2+1), so got solutions as -2 < x < -1 or something - I used the table thing on my calculator (Casio fx-83GT PLUS, if you go Mode->Table) to check the original functions and it was above 0 for anything outside that range but in hindsight that might've been because I only did it in steps of 1. I also tested -1.5 but apparently that fits into the other ranges. So I probably dropped like 2/3 marks there.

I then did question 4ii and got to the integral bit, then wrote down some imaginary numbers and couldn't figure it out - I had assumed that both the e^2x and sin(x) would keep cycling so IBP would be useless, apparently not. So probably 4 lost there at least.

Then on question 8 I'm not too sure. I think I got 19.6, but from looking at the unofficial markschemes as far as I can tell I got the right functions, the right integrals etc. So probably down another 4 or so here.

And because no more Arsey (#RIPArsey) I don't know about any others I might've lost marks on. Normally I do pretty good on papers (I got like 100 UMS on like 6/7 of those I've had back so far, and all the mocks I did I got full marks on FP2) but it just sort of fell apart. Eek! With any hope the grade boundaries will be low and so I can stay above the B boundary, which means that if I get decent marks on M2/S2/D2 I should be able to get an A* - not that it matters really, my uni offer only needs an A (and my insurance doesn't care). (While on this - I have done C1 C2 C3 C4, S1, M1, D1, and I am doing FP1, FP2, M2, S2, D2. From what I have heard you need 3 A2s averaging above 90UMS in Further to get an A* - so for mine could I put FP1, FP2, M1, M2, S2, D2 and get an A* if I got above 90 UMS could I put them all together or would the dependency rule mean they have to be separate?).
Original post by edothero
I presume you haven't seen our paper yet, when you do, could give your thoughts about the boundaries please

Once I do it tomorrow, will do! :yes:
On the last question (finding the area on the polar graph), I forgot to square r before integrating it. How many marks out of the 8 do you guys reckon I'll lose?
Original post by J.M.Keynes
Zacken is such a show off, how do we know his answers are correct
Cause he wrote them
Original post by Zacken
Once I do it tomorrow, will do! :yes:

Cheers, would rep but TSR says no :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending