The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnhall027
found it a decent paper
I did population, changing urban environments and tourism
how did everyone else find it?

i did the same topics what case study did you use ?

i found the physical paper easier tbh
AQA worded the paper weirdly " account for"??
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
I'm not sure about Amazon because I didn't study it but Kerala is fine.

Im worried because the question said 'country' and Kerala isnt strictly a country but I mentioned its in India
For the 8 mark for Tourism, so many people did Tataquara Lodge or Galapagos Island including me.. So I'm very unsure whether it is correct because the questions above were talking about Kenya so I thought that the 8 mark would be about a different case study
Original post by dch187
i put the rate of growth becomes increasingly more rapid, so yh i put the same as you idk i think it should be right

I put that the population grows rapidly and it is mainly shown as a J-curve graph
For the tourism case study I did the Jamaica case study as it said tropical environment??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Abdurz123z
Did no one do Globalisation?, because pretty much everyone in our school did it

I did. How did you find it?
In basic points:
- 23 national parks
- 15% of Kenya's money comes from tourism
- 15% of that goes to locals, 85% goes to big companies
- Safari vehicles destroy environment
- Masai tribe loses land for national parks
- Masai tribe dance for money
- Culture is shared (tourists see culture of tribes)
- Alternative activities to save the environment are using horses or walking instead of safari vehicles
- Visas cut my 50% to attract tourists

are the Galapagos islands acceptable for the last question
Original post by Abdurz123z
Did no one do Globalisation?, because pretty much everyone in our school did it

I did globalisation. what did you put for the 8 mark about the figure talking about the dam and the global demand for food.
Reply 88
What does agriculture change mean? I thought it meant when agriculture changes to machinery so the birth rate would decrease because less kids are needed to help with the farm?!
Original post by Cluster1
For the tourism case study I did the Jamaica case study as it said tropical environment??

Posted from TSR Mobile

So many people did Tatquara lodge or Galapagos island so I'm confused because those are both tropical and ecotourism. They both receive income and reduce on negative effects as it is controlled by tribes and not big economy countries etc.
Original post by CaedKnight
are the Galapagos islands acceptable for the last question

Never heard of Galapagos Islands. Sorry pal.
Original post by niichola.
So many people did Tatquara lodge or Galapagos island so I'm confused because those are both tropical and ecotourism. They both receive income and reduce on negative effects as it is controlled by tribes and not big economy countries etc.

Yea most people in my school did Jamaica but now I'm not sure, really *****y question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never heard of Galapagos Islands. Sorry pal.

I did the Galapagos Islands too, but so many people have put Jamaica or Kenya
Reply 93
Original post by EmmaC_
What does agriculture change mean? I thought it meant when agriculture changes to machinery so the birth rate would decrease because less kids are needed to help with the farm?!

I put the same :s-smilie:
Original post by TappoWappoS
I did the Galapagos Islands too, but so many people have put Jamaica or Kenya

Yeah. Kenya was the easiest option.
Original post by EmmaC_

LOL. I wrote about Agriculture Change as in the soil and crops were affected. I'm probably wrong :/
Physical Geography is easier because there is only certain ways a Cave is formed and you just learn it until you perfect the answer. With Human Geography you have to think 'behind the scenes' to why some countries De-industrialise, etc.

absolutely, phsyical geo is just mindless memorisation, human takes more thought,
Lol. I labeled things like Rejuvination and Decline as well as Involvement/Development stage. One of us is wrong...

I'm sure it's you unfortunately. It was talking about the whole of the U.K not just one area. You can't rejuvenate the whole UK can you?
Original post by Federerr
I'm sure it's you unfortunately. It was talking about the whole of the U.K not just one area. You can't rejuvenate the whole UK can you?

Was it the whole of UK? I thought it was just one area.
Who got fooled and wrote about the One Child Policy for the 8 marker (Population)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending