The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TJ_gym
Could they ask role of mega and millionaire cities, like they asked for role of world cities??

Of course they could, could ask anything on the syllabus. Not sure how much you could say about it though.
Reply 1601
For the earthquake management questions, are people using 2 case studies or just a range of examples? I can't find any case studies with it's management included so would a range of examples be sufficient?
Original post by SJJ97
You star!!! Thankyou

Could also talk about tourism? Restaurants? Houses? Transport?
Original post by Olijm
For the earthquake management questions, are people using 2 case studies or just a range of examples? I can't find any case studies with it's management included so would a range of examples be sufficient?

they may ask for 2 case studies from contrasting areas so I guess you can't really do loads of little ones for that..
but otherwise if it's a 40 marker then yeah use loads
Also if you cant find any management for a poorer country that's always still a valid point - the lack of management compared to an area who has managed well - Kobe, Japan for example is just as good as finding two areas who have successfully managed
Development and globalisation 40 markers?
can someone tell me what the best way to structure a multiculturalism 40 essay is? thanks
Original post by JamesRobinson97
yeah definitely doing a late one tonight with you on that. Tectonics is likely to be on causes, characteristic, impacts of earthquakes and maybe plate theory. The cities 40 marker people are predicting sustainability, retailing and the urbanisation processes

i just went and got lots of energy drinks. What time you guys actually working until tonight and starting tomorrow morning? or are you actually not gonna sleep at all tonight?
how could you add synoptic links to a 40 marker on the plate tectonics theory??
Original post by maximiles97
i just went and got lots of energy drinks. What time you guys actually working until tonight and starting tomorrow morning? or are you actually not gonna sleep at all tonight?

ill probably end at around 3 then wake up at 9 then head to to school to work in the library by 10. Going to be an awful 12 hours haha
ill probably end at around 3 then wake up at 9 then head to to school to work in the library by 10. Going to be an awful 12 hours haha

yeah i was thinking of going until like 1am tonight and then start again at 6am until 12 and then go to my exam and yolo from there. Is that safe to do?
Original post by maximiles97
yeah i was thinking of going until like 1am tonight and then start again at 6am until 12 and then go to my exam and yolo from there. Is that safe to do?

yeah, you'll probably be shattered after that 6 hour session but everything will be fresh in your memory
Original post by Luis Suarez
What the hell is emerging technologies in the 21st century?

They lead to GROWTH e.g.
- Improved computer hardware e.g. CAM (computer aided manufacturing) improves the efficiency of the manufacturing processes as computers and robots are faster and more consistent that ppl (also links to no wages being needed to pay, higher rate of output etc - therefore firm generates more profit as a result GROWS)
- New tech being developed to lead to further economic growth e.g. robotics (automation of public transport) and wireless network transmissions
- High levels of investment into creating new technology creates growth in areas such as research and development

Overall, what im saying is new tech leads to growth - less ppl required, faster process, more efficient, no time and money wasted recruiting, machines dont take days off etc

The other side of this is emerging free markets - thats when markets simply open up to foreign investors, make trade easier etc. Hope this helped.
If we get a 40 mark question on tectonics about " seismic events and their effects" would you talk about earthquakes and Tsunami's ? or just earthquakes??

There isn't a great deal to say about tsunamis, and there aren't loads of case studies.
yeah, you'll probably be shattered after that 6 hour session but everything will be fresh in your memory

im gonna try finish learning everything tonight before i sleep and then ill just like constantly reread over and over again tomorow morning to get it more fresh in my mind. I had m1 this morning which was ****ing terrible so i really need to do well tomorrow and im only learning half of ecosystems and half of conflicts, so pray for me. i learned all of world cities last week but ive kind of forgotten everything so really need to go over that aswell in so little time!!!
Reply 1614
Original post by TheTakers
Is anybody else SUPER nervous for this exam, or is it just me? Granted I desperately want to study Geography at university and need an A*.

I'm in the same position as you
Original post by Olimunday98
how could you add synoptic links to a 40 marker on the plate tectonics theory??

you can link the movement of plates to climate change
what are the topics of tectonic essays there could be?
Could they through a curve ball and ask for all features of a volcano and earthquake, or the formation of everything and the differences is them??
HEEELLLLPPPP
Reply 1617
Original post by Luis Suarez
Could also talk about tourism? Restaurants? Houses? Transport?

Transport yes because that's a service but I don't know about the rest
Reply 1618
Original post by tcameron
they may ask for 2 case studies from contrasting areas so I guess you can't really do loads of little ones for that..
but otherwise if it's a 40 marker then yeah use loads
Also if you cant find any management for a poorer country that's always still a valid point - the lack of management compared to an area who has managed well - Kobe, Japan for example is just as good as finding two areas who have successfully managed

Thank you!
Original post by Cavilla1
If we get a 40 mark question on tectonics about " seismic events and their effects" would you talk about earthquakes and Tsunami's ? or just earthquakes??

There isn't a great deal to say about tsunamis, and there aren't loads of case studies.

Think of it in the same way as you would mention lahars as a hazard in a volcanic eruption - it is a secondary impact
So yes you can mention tsunamis as they are secondary impacts of earthquakes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending