The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA A Unit 2 Human Geography 8th June 2016 OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gst2016
I think it was about how to control rapid population growth...I used the china case study and one child policy but don't know if you've learnt this

Yeah, i've learn it. I've now realised how i messed up, for this specific question they worded it very unspecifically IMO. Hopefully they can accept it as it was rapid and affected the population.
Original post by B3ASTy
Just looked in a guide. and it said migration is a cause of population change, and the migration to the UK from Poland was rapid in the population, so i hope, somehow they'll accept it, as the question didn't seem very specific.

They're not looking for a specific case study - that's never in the mark scheme - the mark scheme tends to give suggestions of what you MAY put simply because they're textbook case studies. For example, many schools did China / Indonesia for that kind of question whereas my school did China / Kerala for that kind of question. As long as you've been able to manipulate your study to answer the question in a way that meets the criteria of a level 3 answer, while answering the question, I believe you could still get 8 marks :smile:
What case study did everyone use for the tourism part about the tropical area (8 marker)
Original post by caitlinford3
They're not looking for a specific case study - that's never in the mark scheme - the mark scheme tends to give suggestions of what you MAY put simply because they're textbook case studies. For example, many schools did China / Indonesia for that kind of question whereas my school did China / Kerala for that kind of question. As long as you've been able to manipulate your study to answer the question in a way that meets the criteria of a level 3 answer, while answering the question, I believe you could still get 8 marks :smile:

The thing is i put about to cope they increased housing and skilled labour jobs were open for them also to cope added polish foods to supermarkets, i'm really not sure if that sort of stuff will get me marks for this question, that question was worded soooo damn vaguely though :frown:
Original post by niichola.
What case study did everyone use for the tourism part about the tropical area (8 marker)

I used kenya mass tourism and talked about the kenyan master plan
I did Kenya and talked about masaii Mara tribe and the coral beaches there and also the national reserve there
Original post by Troy88
What did people put in development, for the international efforts to reduce global inequalities ?

Debt cancellation
Conservation swaps
Reducing corruption
FARM Africa
World Trade Organistion + Quotas + Tariffs
Patterns in world trade
The widening gap in development due to debt traps

Talk about stuff like that, question was 'International assistance is needed to help reduce global inequalities' - the gist of it was that it is, because most of the issues are caused by MEDCs and patterns in world trade.
Does anyone know if the Galapagos Islands would be right for the tourism 8 marker?
This paper was so hard.can anyone predict the grade boundaries for AQA Geography unit 2.The topics are population,changing urban environments and tourism.
Hi made a account just to ask this

Basically I messed up I didn't use the "Correct" Case Studies.

I Did

-Population change -Development Gap -Tourism

First on the 8 marker Poulation change the question was write about the strategies for a country facing rapid growth.

For some reason I wrote about the UK not China.I first said the UK population is rapidly increasing because of a Ageing population,Influx of EU migrants and the baby boom during the recession.

Strategies I put were -Building Homes -Sex education -Free contraceptives

Second mess up I did was the A Tropical tourist resort about how it can make money and stop negitive impacts.

I wrote about Matchu Pitchu/Inca trai which is in the Andes (Peru,South America) rather than Antigua.

Basically I said they make money from charging people to visit and they pay tour guides and Sherpas.And they prevent negotiated by limiting the amount of people,strict rules on littering,stop people climbing on the ruins and finally the close during febuary to allow vegetation and paths to recover.

Will I still get marks like more than say 2 for each answer and will it be accepted as still valid.
(edited 7 years ago)
I did changing urban environments, tourism, and globalisation and I thought Urban environments was a nightmare apart from the 8 marker....
There were about 5 minutes left and I realised that I had written the wrong case study for population, so I crossed it out and asked for more paper, the invigilator said there was no point so she never gave me any paper, so I had to write underneath the extra space part where there were no lines will this be okay???
Original post by TappoWappoS
Does anyone know if the Galapagos Islands would be right for the tourism 8 marker?

I did that one so hopefully
Well damn. So I did changing urban environments, globalisation and tourism (questions 2, 5 and 6). However I ended up doing some question involving a milk jug and farmers which my friends don't remember doing. Anyone remember which question this was part of and what other questions were in the same question?

Also what happens to my mark if I did more than 3 questions?
Original post by Anonymous20000
There were about 5 minutes left and I realised that I had written the wrong case study for population, so I crossed it out and asked for more paper, the invigilator said there was no point so she never gave me any paper, so I had to write underneath the extra space part where there were no lines will this be okay???

Should do if you stayed within the margins....invigilator should of given you extra paper.
Original post by bazzakowski
Well damn. So I did changing urban environments, globalisation and tourism (questions 2, 5 and 6). However I ended up doing some question involving a milk jug and farmers which my friends don't remember doing. Anyone remember which question this was part of and what other questions were in the same question?

Also what happens to my mark if I did more than 3 questions?

I saw that question it was part of changing rural environments. I'm not sure what happens our teacher told us they marked the first three questions in the booklet, but that might have been to scare us..
Original post by Declan2000
Hi made a account just to ask this

Basically I messed up I didn't use the "Correct" Case Studies.

I Did

-Population change -Development Gap -Tourism

First on the 8 marker Poulation change the question was write about the strategies for a country facing rapid growth.

For some reason I wrote about the UK not China.I first said the UK population is rapidly increasing because of a Ageing population,Influx of EU migrants and the baby boom during the recession.

Strategies I put were -Building Homes -Sex education -Free contraceptives

Second mess up I did was the A Tropical tourist resort about how it can make money and stop negitive impacts.

I wrote about Matchu Pitchu/Inca trai which is in the Andes (Peru,South America) rather than Antigua.

Basically I said they make money from charging people to visit and they pay tour guides and Sherpas.And they prevent negotiated by limiting the amount of people,strict rules on littering,stop people climbing on the ruins and finally the close during febuary to allow vegetation and paths to recover.

Will I still get marks like more than say 2 for each answer and will it be accepted as still valid.

An ageing population doesn't mean an increasing population... It just means everyone's getting older... The birth rate could be 0 but we'd still have an ageing population
Original post by fuzi8n137
An ageing population doesn't mean an increasing population... It just means everyone's getting older... The birth rate could be 0 but we'd still have an ageing population

Okay I did expand and say about more and more people are living longer ect so death rates are low.

And then went on to say about the rising birth rate and baby boom=Increasing population.
Original post by niichola.

I wrote everything on ecotourism in kimana Kenya but after we were discussing and all my friends did the Kenyan tourism master plan and now im soo nervous I have no idea if i'll get any marks for that :c // anyone have predictions on grade boundaries? they should be slightly lower right I mean considering how hard it was..?
Original post by Declan2000
Okay I did expand and say about more and more people are living longer ect so death rates are low.

And then went on to say about the rising birth rate and baby boom=Increasing population.

Sadly a baby boom and a higher life expectancy aren't government strategies to deal with an increasing population

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending