The Student Room Group

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XcitingStuart

1) Huff, so we've already established that being gay is natural, for it occurs without human interference or intervention.

2) Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, a sexual attraction, geared towards the same-sex.
Anal sex is a behaviour.
A portion of heterosexuals have anal sex, and not all homosexuals have anal sex; the lack of exclusivity makes anal sex not a homosexual act.
Sexual attraction =/= Behaviour.

3) You haven't considered female homosexuality.

4) Just a comment: I don't claim that anal sex isn't crude. Ironically those who partake in anal sex are really anal about the cleanliness. (See the pun? :tongue:)

we absolutely have not.
Original post by lordoftheties
That is ridiculous. I agree, the religion does preach an intolerance for homosexuals, but in no way would I wish to harm someone for being homosexual; unless they imposed their beliefs on a family member. Being gay is not natural, you may be gay but deep down you know its not natural. I have in no way been offensive since I posted, but you seem to want to label me as such? Homosexuality IS disgusting, whether you like it or not. The action of thrusting ones penis into another mans anus would have been natural if the body could facilitate for it - but it cant.

Indeed, THIS may be considered offensive, just as the islamaphobia you show is, but as they say, the truth hurts.

I love how you say that you do not condone the hatred or harming of homosexuals before saying "unless..." which means, actually, you would and it isn't 'in no way' - you would. You just stated it. And no, I believe I am as natural and as normal as everybody else. The only thing that could render me abnormal is the standards set by society to which I do not conform.

You have been offensive from the first post. You assume that I have control over my sexuality and feelings, you assume I am mentally inept because of the way I am, and you then pull the 'Islamaphobia' card on somebody who abhors religious hatred and has faced a lot of backlash from my own community and others, for supporting muslims and their right to their beliefs. It's absolutely hilarious how you say you're not offensive a moment before calling me disgusting for being homosexual. And the body can facilitate anal sex - a man's highest point of pleasure is situated in the backside (the prostate). Furthermore, you are ignoring the fact that not only men are gay, that not all gay men practise anal sex, and that many more heterosexuals engage in anal sex than gay men.

It isn't the truth, it's your vindictive version of it.
we absolutely have not.

In the land of the fairies, from which you do hail.
Original post by ActuallyIDo
We're being ignorant....

says the one bashing and calling a lifestyle (that don't even too much concern you) disgusting and inhuman?
You're real smart

If what you say is true, it wouldn't be ignorance, it'd be hate. That comment was the first time I hated on gays this whole thread, and that was after somebody was being hateful towards my religion.
If what you say is true, it wouldn't be ignorance, it'd be hate. That comment was the first time I hated on gays this whole thread, and that was after somebody was being hateful towards my religion.

Nobody was hateful towards your religion - we simply served you with the truth. And you are being hateful and ignorant in one.

we absolutely have not.

We absolutely have too.

Something is natural if it occurs without human interference / intervention; if it occurs within nature.
As long as something fulfills all these stipulations, it is natural.

From this, we can work out something is unnatural / artificial if it occurs with human interference / intervention.

Also, address my point of sexual attraction does not equal behaviour; homosexuality does not equal anal sex.
There are homosexuals who don't have anal sex, and there are heterosexuals who have anal sex.
And you haven't talked about female homosexuality; lesbianism.
Original post by ivybridge
I love how you say that you do not condone the hatred or harming of homosexuals before saying "unless..." which means, actually, you would and it isn't 'in no way' - you would. You just stated it. And no, I believe I am as natural and as normal as everybody else. The only thing that could render me abnormal is the standards set by society to which I do not conform.

You have been offensive from the first post. You assume that I have control over my sexuality and feelings, you assume I am mentally inept because of the way I am, and you then pull the 'Islamaphobia' card on somebody who abhors religious hatred and has faced a lot of backlash from my own community and others, for supporting muslims and their right to their beliefs. It's absolutely hilarious how you say you're not offensive a moment before calling me disgusting for being homosexual. And the body can facilitate anal sex - a man's highest point of pleasure is situated in the backside (the prostate). Furthermore, you are ignoring the fact that not only men are gay, that not all gay men practise anal sex, and that many more heterosexuals engage in anal sex than gay men.

It isn't the truth, it's your vindictive version of it.

wtf are you really that stupid? Thank you for understanding what I meant and paraphrasing it I guess? I have not been offensive from the first post.
Nobody was hateful towards your religion - we simply served you with the truth. And you are being hateful and ignorant in one.

The member with the Die Antwoord pic was being hateful. when I pointed this out, for some reason you thought I was talking about you. Even when I told you I wasnt talking about you you kept taking offence when it wasnt there. Frankly, if you want to take offence to anything said about homosexuals, please do, but when I'm not referring to you or homosexuals, but in fact just one member, please dont be a drama queen and butt in.
We absolutely have too.

Something is natural if it occurs without human interference / intervention; if it occurs within nature.
As long as something fulfills all these stipulations, it is natural.

From this, we can work out something is unnatural / artificial if it occurs with human interference / intervention.

Also, address my point of sexual attraction does not equal behaviour; homosexuality does not equal anal sex.
There are homosexuals who don't have anal sex, and there are heterosexuals who have anal sex.
And you haven't talked about female homosexuality; lesbianism.

I dont wish to talk about those things. Im still interested in what this thread was actually made for. Im also too busy to go into that. Perhaps another time. Ill be tekkin a wee break from this malarkey.
Original post by ActuallyIDo
x

x

Guys - let's not even entertain this utter drivel.

I am not asking for your permission to be happy.

And yet you entertain me with three gifs and colourful text! tenks so mach frend.
I dont wish to talk about those things. Im still interested in what this thread was actually made for. Im also too busy to go into that. Perhaps another time. Ill be tekkin a wee break from this malarkey.

I think that this thread was created to highlight the fact that there is no logical reason to discriminate against people for being gay. It's giving people who don't like homosexual people a chance to consider the real motive for their views, and see if they can actually justify them or if they're just based on personal preference.

That was my interpretation, anyway. The OP could probably give a more accurate answer.
And yet you entertain me with three gifs and colourful text! tenks so mach frend.

Enjoy more gay pride gifs:

YAAASSSS!

What are these ones from?
The guy is bigoted and hateful. I do not respect harmful views. I respect genuine opinions on both sides of the playing field.

It is not childish to say I hope he has gay kids because I want him to realise how out of line he is.

You should grow up if you can't handle that.

If a person doesn't accept homosexuality leave it at that. It's like forcing a religion onto someone- it's not easily done and cannot be considered simply 'out of line'. You can't say to a Muslim "I hope you have Christian kids" or vice versa to make a point.
Original post by audrey_lh
If a person doesn't accept homosexuality leave it at that. It's like forcing a religion onto someone- it's not easily done and cannot be considered simply 'out of line'. You can't say to a Muslim "I hope you have Christian kids" or vice versa to make a point.

For a start, don't tell me what to do. Secondly, I did. Thirdly, I can argue against the reasoning behind the viewpoint. You're not my mother.
People believe it's just not NATURAL and men and woman were created to be together as opposites attract.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by harun_farah
People believe it's just not NATURAL and men and woman were created to be together as opposites attract.

Spoiler

Is marriage natural? Pretty man-made concept don't you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending