The Student Room Group

AQA Geogrpahy GCSE opinions? Case study?

I found a lot of the questions ambiguous and weirdly worded.

Especially for the last question on tourism. I think it was kenya the mass tourism study but I put the eco tourism one. Would I still get some marks even if it's the wrong case study. Still pissed off because I knew the Kenyan one 😡

how did everyone find the rest of the exam?
Hi made a account just to ask this Basically I messed up I didn't use the "Correct" Case Studies.I Did -Population change -Development Gap -TourismFirst on the 8 marker Poulation change the question was write about the strategies for a country facing rapid growth.For some reason I wrote about the UK not China.I first said the UK population is rapidly increasing because of a Ageing population,Influx of EU migrants and the baby boom during the recession.Strategies I put were -Building Homes -Sex education -Free contraceptives Second mess up I did was the A Tropical tourist resort about how it can make money and stop negitive impacts.I wrote about Matchu Pitchu/Inca trai which is in the Andes (Peru,South America) rather than Antigua.Basically I said they make money from charging people to visit and they pay tour guides and Sherpas.And they prevent negotiated by limiting the amount of people,strict rules on littering,stop people climbing on the ruins and finally the close during febuary to allow vegetation and paths to recover.Will I still get marks like more than say 2 for each answer and will it be accepted as still valid.

Apart from this I found it okay except now I now I did the wrong case studies
Reply 2
Original post by ART2033
I found a lot of the questions ambiguous and weirdly worded.

Especially for the last question on tourism. I think it was kenya the mass tourism study but I put the eco tourism one. Would I still get some marks even if it's the wrong case study. Still pissed off because I knew the Kenyan one 😡

how did everyone find the rest of the exam?

I also knew about the Kenyan case study but chose not to do it because I didn't know how they had reduced impacts of tourism. I used the Galapagos Islands case study (ecotourism). It is still technically a tropical area so it should count as long as you answered the question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending