The Student Room Group

CGP OCR 21st Century Revision Guide

Does any have or has used the CGP OCR 21st century revision guide for chemistry, biology, and physics higher?
Is it any good and if so what grade did it get you?

I am having thoughts on getting it however I am unaware if it is quite detailed and concise enough to get me a high grade.
Would you reckon it is better then the Collins one?
(edited 7 years ago)
Please someone
theyre alright, not the best way of revision though. sometimes there are unnecessary details and other times it misses out whole chunks of info-especially in B7 C7 etc
Original post by dan1yar18
theyre alright, not the best way of revision though. sometimes there are unnecessary details and other times it misses out whole chunks of info-especially in B7 C7 etc

Thank you for the reply, did you also do OCR 21st century?
Also is there any other revision materials, resources or guides you would recommend which are well detailed enough for the OCR 21st century syllabus. :smile:
Original post by Daydreamer3
Thank you for the reply, did you also do OCR 21st century?
Also is there any other revision materials, resources or guides you would recommend which are well detailed enough for the OCR 21st century syllabus. :smile:

i havent finished it yet, though i did do the full biology spec (b1-7) and got an a* just using the cgp guide and past papers. there are some revision guides made by cris edgell which give more than enough information tho ive only used them in class and are quite expensive (look it up online). there are also some online resources like getrevising but they arent always that good. btw what year are you in? im in yr 11 doing chemistry and physics

edit:
collins revision guides are good and detailed as well, also used in class
(edited 7 years ago)
i havent finished it yet, though i did do the full biology spec (b1-7) and got an a* just using the cgp guide and past papers. there are some revision guides made by cris edgell which give more than enough information tho ive only used them in class and are quite expensive (look it up online). there are also some online resources like getrevising but they arent always that good. btw what year are you in? im in yr 11 doing chemistry and physics

edit:
collins revision guides are good and detailed as well, also used in class

I am in year 10, also when you got that A* was it doing like year 11 mocks perhaps? Or did you do an individual test which was from b1-b7? I think I have used the Chris Edgell revision guides in school before, however, they are just a bit too detailed as its not as such "teen friendly" wording.

Would you recommend me buying the CGP books or using the collins one which I currently own? :smile:
I am in year 10, also when you got that A* was it doing like year 11 mocks perhaps? Or did you do an individual test which was from b1-b7? I think I have used the Chris Edgell revision guides in school before, however, they are just a bit too detailed as its not as such "teen friendly" wording.

Would you recommend me buying the CGP books or using the collins one which I currently own? :smile:

I got the a* for the whole biology course last year, when i was in year 10. I sat 3 exams: b123, b456 and b7, as well as coursework(obviously).
I get what you mean with the chris edgell guides-they also have way too many unnecessary details.
If you want to bear painstakingly bad jokes but have almost all of the spec in a simple format, buy the CGP guides. They are only a couple quid, maybe less on ebay or something.
If not, the collins guides will be just fine, as long as you have them for each unit.
You are sitting the 2012 spec, right?(grades are letters, not numbers) cos I have no clue what the new gcse format is.
I got the a* for the whole biology course last year, when i was in year 10. I sat 3 exams: b123, b456 and b7, as well as coursework(obviously).
I get what you mean with the chris edgell guides-they also have way too many unnecessary details.
If you want to bear painstakingly bad jokes but have almost all of the spec in a simple format, buy the CGP guides. They are only a couple quid, maybe less on ebay or something.
If not, the collins guides will be just fine, as long as you have them for each unit.
You are sitting the 2012 spec, right?(grades are letters, not numbers) cos I have no clue what the new gcse format is.

Oh okay, thank you ! :smile:
Also yes I am sitting the 2012 spec however It will be graded in numbers. Only maths and English are the new 2015 spec.
Reply 8
Does any have or has used the CGP OCR 21st century revision guide for chemistry, biology, and physics higher?
Is it any good and if so what grade did it get you?

I am having thoughts on getting it however I am unaware if it is quite detailed and concise enough to get me a high grade.
Would you reckon it is better then the Collins one?

I use CGP 21st century revision guides for science. I think they are the best and they have all the info you need for the course.

You can get A / A* by using them! But I use a combination of past papers and the revision guide.

I would recommend you to use CGP revsion guides, trust me they are the best😊

Quick Reply

Latest