The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Major-fury
well i think it's my only mistake xD the only other thing i may have messed up on is the argand diagram or series. for the argand i didn't put the value of argument but just the position would i still get the 2 marks for it also for the series i think i may have

I think putting the position of the points only would suffice, that's what I did also. Though I labelled which point was which.
Should get atleast 90 UMS on this exam, maybe not a very high 90s though. I'm annoyed at question 4 but I'm wondering how many marks I'd lose for:
On part ia, forgetting to substitute x = 0 and t = 0 (or whatever the variables were) into my equation. I just left it as c. Would this lead to me getting the next part wrong seeing as it would just tend to 0 regardless of what c was.

On part ii, I made a sign error at the very last part (1 - 1/4 = -3/4), so each one in my final answer is out by a factor of -1.
Original post by lai812matthew
4a do u need to find out the value of c?

I don't think so, as many of the coefficients are variables; then luckily c disappeared when the exponential term went off to infinity.
Original post by EricPiphany
Did you sit an FP2 paper today?

Na mate, fuk that did it last year I aint resitting.
Reply 1964
I just came home, unofficial mark scheme up yet?
Original post by physicsmaths
Na mate, fuk that did it last year I aint resitting.

Soz, realised after I had posted that you'd done it last year.
Original post by Insight314
I guess we can see the reason she is taking the 'other' FP2 tomorrow. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Daym. Bater is real insight. I teach well.
Original post by edothero
I think putting the position of the points only would suffice, that's what I did also. Though I labelled which point was which.

I did that as well. I just labelled the axis with the different values ie +-1.98 +-0.26. I didn't draw a line from the origin to the point I just put a cross for each of the solutions.
Original post by physicsmaths
Daym. Bater is real insight. I teach well.

Will mark scheme be up at midnight??
Can anyone give me a list of the questions and I'll do my best to come up with worked solutions on them. That is if people tell me the Q's fast enough, got another exam tomorrow to revise for
p dx/dt + q = r
Gonna post this one more time.
If you haven't voted on the difficulty of this paper already, go and vote!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4150121

I think there's no point discussing answers anymore, you should be revising for your other modules!
Get off this thread and go revise.

And good luck to all with their remaining exams.
Original post by Zacken
Well, it's not "at AS", you don't need three AS units in FM - you can have less than that. You can get 90% average across your three best modules not including FP2 and get the A* if that's what you're asking. In fact, you could get 90% across three applied A2 units and flunk both FP2/3 and still get an A* iirc.

So, just to on confirm (sorry I know you've been asked so many times), an average of 90% across M2, M3 and FP2 would be fine for an A*? I also do FP3, whether or not that makes a difference I've no idea.
Original post by somevirtualguy
So, just to on confirm (sorry I know you've been asked so many times), an average of 90% across M2, M3 and FP2 would be fine for an A*? I also do FP3, whether or not that makes a difference I've no idea.

Yep
Reply 1974
The banter on TSR is all I need in my life after an exam. Long life this site and all the rebellious ****ers who coexist here !
Do you by any chance remember more or less how much each question was worth??
Original post by somevirtualguy

Yes that's exactly the combination I'm looking to have for an A*

90 average in FP2, M2, M3

And then S2, FP3, FP1 can be whatever
Original post by adris
The banter on TSR is all I need in my life after an exam. Long life this site and all the rebellious ****ers who coexist here !

Maybe the hitler vid will cheer you up? xD

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3696793&p=65559087#post65559087
Reply 1978
I was ded brah. Trust them hitter videos are the cure hahaha
20160608_175606.jpg
Original post by BlazingCharizard
p dx/dt + q = r

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending