The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3600
Original post by medhopeeful
Could you get 80 ums and 100 ums in the other and average out a 90 or does it have to be 90 in both?

This says:
"achieve 90% or more on the uniform marks subtotal of their A2 units".
Subtotal of A2, so yes that should be fine.
Original post by medhopeeful
How can I revise psya4? Any tips for success? Need to smash it as I left out 20 marker for gender!

Yes I did exactly the same thing!! I had no clue about gender schema or what it even was so I left it out :frown: I need help toooo
Original post by Ayhay
320 is an A. You need 151 at least to get the A grade. Then you need to fulfill the second criteria for an A* and that is to get 90% for both A2 units. Essentially you'll need to get 90 UMS in both papers this year.

Source

Thanks for your response xx

How high is 90UMS? Is that like nearly 100%?
Does that mean I can not get A* if I did really badly on one unit and really well another ?
Original post by rosieschofield
Just realised that I wrote a maintenance theory but labelled it as formation... Do u think I'll get any marks😞

I did the exact same! My mind just blanked🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3604
Original post by Louisss
I thought the aim, what they did and the findings were AO1, and then discussing implications of such findings on the question/theory was the AO2 part?

Yes that's right, I'll edit my post now, I meant to say implications of findings :P Thanks for pointing that out!
Original post by NHM
Guys the relationships question I did formation of relationships (2 theories) and maintenance (1 theories) will this effect my mark?

How balanced was your A02/3
For O + E eating disorder, could you write about the Lateral Nucleus deficiency and link it to how it prevents anorexics from eating a lot as theyre never hungry so it reduces fat and muscle?
Original post by Daisy May
Who else filled the booklet? I didn't have time to read through my answers though. Hopefully they won't mind small mistakes.

I didn't have time either 😭
Reply 3608
Original post by yasx_
If I got 152 UMS which is a B at AS level, how many UMS do I need this year to get an A overall?

320 - 152 = 168 UMS for an A :smile:
anyone have any advice for someone who needs to do amazingly well on the second paper to bring up my overall score? completely screwed up that paper
I feel like I didnt write enough evaluation for any!!! Ugh its so much to write in such little time :frown:
Original post by yung7up
Wait so how do they decide the grade boundaries if there are several topics and are likely to have been differently?

They consider overall performance, and the boundaries will be weighted slightly based on how people did on the more popular topics (e.g. Aggression and relationships.) So, for example, if Relationships was really hard, you can expect lower boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3612
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Thanks for your response xx

How high is 90UMS? Is that like nearly 100%?
Does that mean I can not get A* if I did really badly on one unit and really well another ?

Each unit/paper is out 100 UMS. The criteria is subtotal of A2 so if you got 80 UMS in one and 100 in the other (as someone asked before) that's fine too (I think, if I interpreted that correctly.

Linking this again in case I already didn't to you (I've been in a few UMS convos now, idk if I have linked it before, sorry!)
Do u think people will be going round to Saj Devshi's house and pelting him with tomatoes for not predicting GST :hmmmm2:
For my relationship essay I wrote about both formation and maintaince. I wrote 2 theories for formation and 1 theory for maintence and evaluated then both substantially. Is that okay???? My maintence bit may have been a little shorter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedRosesBloom
:O!!! oh no I wrote about one explanation only - group display! Does that mean only half the marks are available?! :frown:

It was only 4 marks so if you wrote a sufficient amount on that then you can get 4/4
Okay so I answered the sleep question best I could, for gender schema i got some ao1 but barely any and then I just kind of rambled about something, like I didn't complete it and didn't have any researchers, and the same for relationships... Am I ****ed?😅🙄 like overall my wordcount was only 2200 words... (I did it on a computer)😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3617
Original post by Marli-Ruth
How balanced was your A02/3

Equal really some people are saying SET can also be a formation theory so if that's the case I've done three formation theories haha.
Original post by NotMolly
Do u think people will be going round to Saj Devshi's house and pelting him with tomatoes for not predicting GST :hmmmm2:

I hope so case I literally based all my revision on his predictions :angry:
Original post by Aleksandrinaa
It was only 4 marks so if you wrote a sufficient amount on that then you can get 4/4
4 marks? It was 20 marks for the evolutionary explanations?

Latest

Trending

Trending