The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc Technology Entrepreneurship

Hello!

I've been looking around to find anyone who's applying to this programme this year, but is unable to do so.

All the other threads are outdated, so I've decided to create one!

Has anyone applied/get interviewed/get accepted/rejected for Tech Entrepreneurship so far?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by WG Lim
Hello!

I've been looking around to find anyone who's applying to this programme this year, but is unable to do so.

All the other threads are outdated, so I've decided to create one!

Has anyone applied/get interviewed/get accepted/rejected for Tech Entrepreneurship so far?

Hi! I have applied Msc technology entrepreneurship in UCL.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by QINING
Hi! I have applied Msc technology entrepreneurship in UCL.

I have just got the invitation to an informal interview. I want to know if anybody did the interview and what the questions are about. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by QINING
I have just got the invitation to an informal interview. I want to know if anybody did the interview and what the questions are about. Thanks

Congrats :smile:! I've heard from another forum that it's mainly about your motivation, your interests, and personal strengths/weaknesses.

Is the interview pre recorded or live? I've also heard candid qs like "what would you do with a million dollar?" for MSc Management, but they're doing the pre-recorded video interview.

May I ask what your profile's like and when did you apply?
Reply 4
Hey guys, I also applied to TE, and got the invitation for interview on 6th. Qining and Lim, did you have the interview already? I am not familiar with the video interview format, mind sharing some tips for it? Thanks!
Reply 5
For me, I applied in the beginning of March. I graduated in 2014, with a degree in business administration. I started working on my startup since last year. And what about you guys?
Reply 6
Original post by VictoriaQ
For me, I applied in the beginning of March. I graduated in 2014, with a degree in business administration. I started working on my startup since last year. And what about you guys?

Victoria, saw your post for ICL too! How's your MSc IEM at Imperial? I just got my offer yesterday for that!!

Same here, I graduated in 2014, I started 2 start ups (working at my current one atm) and had 2 internships + 1 research experience before. I submitted my application early April though, so not expecting to hear back from UCL for a few weeks. Is the interview live?
Reply 7
Hope you were made an offer for the course and you are doing well Qining! Can you please share any questions made to you and if they were related to the following Pathways: FinTech Entrepreneurship Healthcare Entrepreneurship Retail and Consumer Entrepreneurship Technology Entrepreneurship Which one did you choose? It would be great to share the experience with us :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Donidoni
Hope you were made an offer for the course and you are doing well Qining! Can you please share any questions made to you and if they were related to the following Pathways: FinTech Entrepreneurship Healthcare Entrepreneurship Retail and Consumer Entrepreneurship Technology Entrepreneurship Which one did you choose? It would be great to share the experience with us :smile:

Hi Donidoni,

I chose the Tech Entrepreneurship pathway.
The interview itself was straight forward! It really emphasizes on your goals and plans for the program, and it doesn't go far from that. They mostly ask about my background, motivation, and passion; you have to justify and connect how your experiences lead you to choose this program and UCL. Overall, just prepare for the most common grad school interview qs, know your application inside out, and show your passion!

Good luck.
How long did you wait for interview invitation/offer after submission of both references?
Reply 10
Hi Everyone,

I received an offer for the Technology Entrepreneurship MSc and was wondering if anybody else had one yet? It took me five weeks from the time my second reference was received for me to get my offer. I wasn't invited to do an interview though.
Reply 11
Original post by Enjoythelife
How long did you wait for interview invitation/offer after submission of both references?

About 3 weeks for interview, and another 2 for offer.
Reply 12
Original post by fxl24
Hi Everyone,

I received an offer for the Technology Entrepreneurship MSc and was wondering if anybody else had one yet? It took me five weeks from the time my second reference was received for me to get my offer. I wasn't invited to do an interview though.

Are you firming :smile:? I got an offer too, but got interviewed.
Reply 13
Original post by WG Lim
Are you firming :smile:? I got an offer too, but got interviewed.

Yeah I confirmed the offer last week. I went to one of the pitch days and have been speaking to people on the course and I think it is definitely the right fit for me. What about you?
Reply 14
Original post by fxl24
Yeah I confirmed the offer last week. I went to one of the pitch days and have been speaking to people on the course and I think it is definitely the right fit for me. What about you?

I firmed mine too!
Wow it's so lucky of you to be around in the UK to check everything out. I'm trying to get ahold of one of their alumni to ask around :smile:
Original post by WG Lim
I firmed mine too!
Wow it's so lucky of you to be around in the UK to check everything out. I'm trying to get ahold of one of their alumni to ask around :smile:

Hi WG Lim, I have a "soft" conditional offer via email and am waiting for the applications portal to officially show my offer. Fingers crossed, especially as I am leaving my job to do this course!:K: Been told it will take 2 weeks.
I also have offer from Cass and waiting on Warwick but UCL is my 1st choice.
Reply 16
i guys

I just received a request to take the WePow interview? did anyone get this? do you have any ideas for the pre-recorded questions?
Reply 17
Original post by MgmtConsultant
Hi WG Lim, I have a "soft" conditional offer via email and am waiting for the applications portal to officially show my offer. Fingers crossed, especially as I am leaving my job to do this course!:K: Been told it will take 2 weeks.
I also have offer from Cass and waiting on Warwick but UCL is my 1st choice.

You basically have it! I got an unofficial offer, then an official offer about 1 week after :smile:
Reply 18
Hi guys, do you know about the new One Canada sq campus? is program going to be taught there??
Reply 19
Hi, Yes, most of the classes will be taught in Canada Water. It's the new UCL School of Management and I was there for TE Opening Evening it looks amazing :wink: I applied quite late and just received an email to do WePow interview, I read what was said above but does anyone have more info to share? xx
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending