The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Generally speaking, Relationships and Aggression were nice questions cause they provided arrange -
How did people do on the other sections? (so I can see where the A* grade boundary is going 😁)
Original post by NotMolly
Ah :/ So many schools seem to be terrible with psychology...
GST tripped a lot of people up, from what I've heard, seeing as so many people relied on Loopa predictions...
So, you're not alone :-) What are your unit 4 topics?

yeah I did hear a lot of people screwed it up!
Unit 4 my topics are addiction and schizophrenia; I can deal with SZ, but I really hate addiction :frown:
what ones are you doing?
Reply 3662
Original post by toetothunder
ok, how much over the marks are these methodological evaluations worth?

I can't say for sure. It also depends on how many different points you wrote. If you said:
A study did this. They found this. This supports/challenges this theory because it shows x influences/doesn't affect y/or whatever is relevant.

That's one point AO2 point essentially.

The more studies, the more points that sound like these you'd have.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hahah just saw someone put johnson et al as a fake researcher

I made up about 3 of the researcher's names.. I hope the examiner doesn't realise :O
Reply 3664
Original post by Allibay
Minimum 168 UMS for an A which is 320 UMS.

Original post by Ayhay
320 - 152 = 168 UMS for an A :smile:

Thank you! That means 84 UMS on each paper, right? So a solid A in both papers. Looks like I'm going to have to work extra hard in Unit 4 now lol
Original post by NHM
It was a broad question... You can talk about sexual infidelity and jealousy or group displays (or both!)

You need to write about both because the questions said "discuss explanation(s)" indicating they wanted more than 1 explanation written about. If you wrote about 2 different types of group display, war and sport, then that's two explanations which is fine but I think if you just wrote about sexual jealousy and infidelity that will count as only 1 explanation and you'd get half marks.
Original post by MINUSroid
Generally speaking, Relationships and Aggression were nice questions cause they provided arrange -
How did people do on the other sections? (so I can see where the A* grade boundary is going 😁)

Sleep was a dream (harr harr)
But seriously, it was the question that was most likely
Reply 3667
Is anyone else having a mental block
Reply 3668
Original post by saran12
I wrote about warfare for the 4 marker on aggression, is this right? :/

The 4 marker with Aggression was any social psychological explanation. Warfare comes under evolutionary explanations (group display). Afraid not :\

Unless you somehow mentioned SLT/Deindividuation within warfare!
Original post by bullseye1
You need to write about both because the questions said "discuss explanation(s)" indicating they wanted more than 1 explanation written about. If you wrote about 2 different types of group display, war and sport, then that's two explanations which is fine but I think if you just wrote about sexual jealousy and infidelity that will count as only 1 explanation and you'd get half marks.

I was told writing about infidelity, jealousy, acquisition of status and cuckoldry counted as multiple explanations, but you may be right. These are the ones we were taught to include in an infidelity/jealousy essay, anyway.
Original post by Onica
x

How did you relate eating behaviours to the anorexia part?

could you write about the Lateral Nucleus deficiency and link it to how it prevents anorexics from eating a lot as theyre never hungry so it reduces fat and muscle?

is that even write lol ive messed this up so badly
Original post by Ayhay
I can't say for sure. It also depends on how many different points you wrote. If you said:
A study did this. They found this. This supports/challenges this theory because it shows x influences/doesn't affect y/or whatever is relevant.

That's one point AO2 point essentially.

The more studies, the more points that sound like these you'd have.

ok, i had 3 studies and talked about how they supported/went against the theories in each question, while linking this to IDA's and implications. Can I still get a good mark?
Reply 3672
You see for prosocial ... In media
Theres research and there's theories can we just learn theories
Will there ever be a question that just needs research like discuss the research into this
Onto psya4, what do think will come up in research methods? hard to predict obviously but still
Original post by ssn2125
Onto psya4, what do think will come up in research methods? hard to predict obviously but still

How are you preparing for the exam? Past papers?
Reply 3675
Original post by toetothunder
ok, i had 3 studies and talked about how they supported/went against the theories in each question, while linking this to IDA's and implications. Can I still get a good mark?

Like I said, hard to say but looking at an exemplar essay might help :smile: 3 studies is definitely 3 AO2 marks so far and if you've talked about IDA and implications properly, hopefully you should be fine ^^
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
Really?! So people I know focused on genetics too! With holland, so yeah I think its right! What else did you do for evaluation?

I talked about how no twin studies showed 100% concordance, even identical twins, so maybe it's diathesis-stress model! And I also said with identical twins it's hard to separate them as they have both experience the same environment and genes. And also how most research is gender bias as it focusses on female anorexics. Fingers crossed I guess! Now it's just the waiting game...but first...PSYA4:s-smilie::colondollar:
Original post by BethM98
yeah I did hear a lot of people screwed it up!
Unit 4 my topics are addiction and schizophrenia; I can deal with SZ, but I really hate addiction :frown:
what ones are you doing?

Addiction sounds nasty :frown: I'm doing schiz and media :') Media is so annoying, schizophrenia is so much more simple in comparison :frown: Are there Loopa predictions?
What will happen if I accidentally put classical conditioning instead of operant conditioning for reward/need satisfaction theory for the direct reinforcement part?
I want to cry😅
How's everyone revising for psya4? I'm doing schizophrenia and addiction and rm..🔫

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending