The Student Room Group

English Language Paper 2 AS Level Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
um alright I guess how much did you write for each question???
Reply 21
How did everyone find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
it was alright, how much did you write for the 2 questions?
Reply 23
Original post by Hattie55
it was alright, how much did you write for the 2 questions?

Not sure if it was enough, I struggled for time and wrote about 3 sides for each question. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
yeah about the same, actually a bit less for one
Reply 25
I'm sure it's more about the quality than the quantity tbh
Reply 26
Original post by Hattie55
I'm sure it's more about the quality than the quantity tbh

Yeah you're right (I hope anyway). I write 2 sides (I think- my brain's a bit fried after a long day, so it might be 4) and 3 sides for the Q3. Slightly worried now as I have big handwriting :/
(edited 7 years ago)
I did the question on how where you come from affects your language. I think it was really good, I'm somewhat confident that I did really well.

Guys do you think this is a good point??? For one paragraph I wrote about the etomology of the word "lass" being Scottish and that it shows dialect levelling. And also the word "mate" showing daliect levelling. What do y'all think??????
Reply 28
Well I think you and your teacher guessed right! I'm in Northern Ireland and none of our teachers over here had predicted anything like that!
Reply 29
Original post by Mollynoble
I'm on AQA exam board and my teachers have said the article is most likely to be accent and dialect however one my teachers is friends with one of the people marking for the exam and it seems language and gender could be the article instead

Well your teachers guessed right. I'm in Northern Ireland and my teachers didn't predict anything like that! They were certain that gender wouldnt come up in section B and it did! Then occupation and gender didn't come up at all in the first section strange! I believe we are all at a disadvantage with it being the first year but we are at more of a disadvantage because we don't have any direct links to exam boards!
Reply 30
Original post by KGW28
Well your teachers guessed right. I'm in Northern Ireland and my teachers didn't predict anything like that! They were certain that gender wouldnt come up in section B and it did! Then occupation and gender didn't come up at all in the first section strange! I believe we are all at a disadvantage with it being the first year but we are at more of a disadvantage because we don't have any direct links to exam boards!

We we're were told that it could be any, but it was most people took the specimen paper as an indication that accent and dialect would be Q3 at least , and perhaps Q2/Q1. I think I would have swapped the questions in the actual paper if I had the choice because I knew loads about gender, in an opinion piece where knowledge is less important, where as in Q2 I knew little or less about dialect, so I bought in my own inventions and some gender theory. Richard Koster I think the name of my imaginary friend was :smile:
Reply 31
Don't think I used any technical terms though :// Dialect levelling etc. I completely forgot- I thought it was all about the theories (which I guess I didn't know for accent, so dialect levelling could be one!)
Reply 32
Original post by harry998
WAHOOOOO how did everyone find it?

Question One threw me completely aha
Reply 33
At least it's over! Nothing we can do now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending