The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
omg ive done so bad. for the agriculture question i was talking about the crops going bad which is a push factor 😂😂 i f***d my life up this afternoon
Reply 221
Original post by Tbrou
What did everyone say for the agricultural change question?

In agricultural lands, people have more children to work on the farms which increases population growth but as the world becomes more industrialised, less children are needed so population growth is reduced. I have no idea if this is right because I didn't know what agricultural change meant.
For the squatter case study I labelled it as Brazil favelas but put info about sustainable cities Curitiba. Will I get any marks at all for that ?? Also was there a question to label a map in urban environments as I didn't see one but heard people talking about one
What did you guys put for the 8 marker question in the changes of an urban world?
Original post by Ms A
Guys, for all those who did Urbanisation, there was a question to read the map and identify which letter was the inner city and which letter was the suburbs.

Was C the inner city and B the suburbs?????????????????????

I didn't see this question and really hope I haven't missed out a page :frown:
Original post by Azarhuntttt
I didn't see this question and really hope I haven't missed out a page :frown:

It was on the Same page as a 1 marker about a land-use in the rural-urban fringe, and then a 3 marker on why the informal sector develops in rapid urbanisation, methinks.
Did you do these questions?
Original post by Ollie5116
It was on the Same page as a 1 marker about a land-use in the rural-urban fringe, and then a 3 marker on why the informal sector develops in rapid urbanisation, methinks.
Did you do these questions?

I answered the land use one but must have gone onto the next page. How many marks was it worth and did i miss any others ?? I heard one about what is a cbd and I didn't see that Two
I answered the land use one but must have gone onto the next page. How many marks was it worth and did i miss any others ?? I heard one about what is a cbd and I didn't see that Two

2 marks for the one you missed, so nothing major.
And what is a cbd?!?! I didn't see a question on that, are you sure there was one?
Not sure if it was one just say people tweeting about it might have been a different topic. So it went land use question then the one I missed and onto the next page with the informal sector ??
Not sure if it was one just say people tweeting about it might have been a different topic. So it went land use question then the one I missed and onto the next page with the informal sector ??

The land use question was after the one you missed, but yeah
Original post by Iqla
In agricultural lands, people have more children to work on the farms which increases population growth but as the world becomes more industrialised, less children are needed so population growth is reduced. I have no idea if this is right because I didn't know what agricultural change meant.

me neither but i kinda wrote the same thing as you :smile:
Original post by Ollie5116
The land use question was after the one you missed, but yeah

I'm sure the land use was at the TOP of one of the pages which means the one I missed was on the previous page so I could have missed a full page
Reply 232
what did people put for the first population question about exponential growth??
Original post by annriya
What did you guys put for the 8 marker question in the changes of an urban world?

I put London as the named developed city and the three points i expanded were - congestion charging, encouraging cycling and cleaner vehicles, which reduces waste generation.

What did you put? :smile:
wait, is Kibera the wrong case study for the population topic :O
omg yess !! i said about London as the developed city and the three points i used was the congestion charging, bike hire scheme, and about recycling
For the natural park or costal town did we have to include a case study?
Original post by JustJannah
I put London as the named developed city and the three points i expanded were - congestion charging, encouraging cycling and cleaner vehicles, which reduces waste generation.

What did you put? :smile:

omg yess !! i said about London as the developed city and the three points i used was the congestion charging, bike hire scheme, and about recycling
for the development gap 8 marker i wrote about things like aid, loans, debt abolition, conservation swaps and micro loans as the question was literally that heading on the textbook however now people are talking about case studies which i didn't think to use, do you think that both are correct? :frown:
also for the last 8 marker in tourism i talked about ecotourism in the tataquara lodge but spelt it tataqara, do you think that is going to be an issue and do you think that ecotourism will be a legitimate topic to talk about in regards to answering that question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending