The Student Room Group

AQA english language exam 7/6/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tallat00
This is not true! The grade boundaries change according to each exam. So of course this could be right, but it has absolutely no link to this exam as the grade boundaries are set according to how people did in the exam

actually no english stays same
Original post by babymarima
damn that's dramatic af. How come you collapsed? Are you alright now?

They'll defo have to consider giving you your predicted grade cos collapsing is definitely a good enough excuse, christ - I thought I was panicking lmao.

I have a chest infection, and the heat made it worse so I collapsed and had to go to hospital. I feel crap right now LOL.
Original post by Qertydhbwj
For q2 anyone talk about the fact black stood out on the cliff and was dominate throughout- which foreshadows danger
And also the council and grilled it softens the article a little like a juxtapositioning

Yes I did! I talked about the black as danger but the light is like the light-hearted fun aspect of the whole slide thing. I don't know if it's right, but yes I wrote that
I just hated the time. It was too short
Original post by L0st45
All depends on what number you got in your coursework (72? 73?) You can work it out though from that.

72 in the coursework
Original post by babymarima
How did everyone find it?

I found that my time keeping f*cked up completely
I had enough time to finish question 6, but I found that I still didn't write enough (one side and a paragraph)
Also question 4 I accidentally analysed 'shoots' in the Bear Grylls source, which I'm not sure is allowed because it was in the sub-headline? (QUESTION 4 GUYS, THE LANGUAGE COMPARISON ONE, NOT QUESTION 2)

And question 3 is always a misery :'(

How was question 5?
what did you write about?
Original post by Sundus-m
If I got 55 in my coursework how much more will I need to pass and if I got a D in the exam will I still pass

You are likely to pass with a low D in the exam is your coursework is a high C, which I imagine 55/80 is seeing as 56 last year was a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cookies15
72 in the coursework

For an A* you need to get 57 marks minimum in the exam. :smile:
Hi all, if i got really good marks in my CA, and did really bad in my exam yesterday, how will my overall grade be affected???
Original post by Hcholmes
Hi all, if i got really good marks in my CA, and did really bad in my exam yesterday, how will my overall grade be affected???

(Not answering your question but) I'm exactly the same - lost 1 mark overall on all my CAs and I know for a fact I've got a C/B in this exam😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 73 marks on my coursework. How many marks would I need in the exam to get at least a B? I need it to get into my school's sixth form as well as A-level English Literature and Sociology.

English Language is my worst exam out of all of them and also one of the most important ones I need :frown:
Reply 331
I got 77/80 in my coursework. What would I need in the exam to get an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
I was told I got 172 marks in my CA. Whats going on?
Original post by Undec
I was told I got 172 marks in my CA. Whats going on?

Maybe they mean UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zoeolo
I got 77/80 in my coursework. What would I need in the exam to get an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would estimate somewhere in the mid-high 50s, but don't take my word for it! Bearing in mind the exam is worth 60% of the overall grade and you've already got 40% of it a HIGH A* (well done on that amazing mark, btw!) then
you could possibly get away with a very high A grade in the exam and still an A*, but just to be safe you'd probably need to be near or better at an A* in the exam (around the 50-60 mark) hope i sort of helped!
Reply 335
Original post by louisemayorx
I would estimate somewhere in the mid-high 50s, but don't take my word for it! Bearing in mind the exam is worth 60% of the overall grade and you've already got 40% of it a HIGH A* (well done on that amazing mark, btw!) then
you could possibly get away with a very high A grade in the exam and still an A*, but just to be safe you'd probably need to be near or better at an A* in the exam (around the 50-60 mark) hope i sort of helped!

Yes! This has been very helpful - thanks! I am hoping for an A* because I want to study English (literature - which I got an A* in last year - not language) but since language is something that is very weighted (like Maths) I want an A*. How did you find the exam (if you did it)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zoeolo
Yes! This has been very helpful - thanks! I am hoping for an A* because I want to study English (literature - which I got an A* in last year - not language) but since language is something that is very weighted (like Maths) I want an A*. How did you find the exam (if you did it)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was okay, the first question had to be rushed and the the final question i was only able to do 5 full paragraphs, but other than that i thought that it wasn't half bad! surprisingly, i found the fourth question to be not as difficult as ones i have done previously in mocks - that is the one i always used to struggle with. imm just shocked that english is over now! i am also continuing english literature into college, along with psychology and history. how about you, and how did you find the exam yesterday?
Original post by miapeters
(Not answering your question but) I'm exactly the same - lost 1 mark overall on all my CAs and I know for a fact I've got a C/B in this exam😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 70/75 for my CA apparently so assume thats an A* so what sort of scores would i need in the exam to get a b or c overall? Anyone know? (i think i did terribly yesterday!)
Reply 338
Original post by louisemayorx
I thought it was okay, the first question had to be rushed and the the final question i was only able to do 5 full paragraphs, but other than that i thought that it wasn't half bad! surprisingly, i found the fourth question to be not as difficult as ones i have done previously in mocks - that is the one i always used to struggle with. imm just shocked that english is over now! i am also continuing english literature into college, along with psychology and history. how about you, and how did you find the exam yesterday?

I am planning on studying History, English Literature, Maths and Economics at sixth form (I'm nervous for my History result though!)
The exam was okay. I never know about English. My timing was fine and I think I wrote more than I had in my mocks (which I got A*s for) but it's all about quality. I feel like I messed up Question 4, too... Anyway, I will have to wait and see what the outcome is on results day :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by electramoon
I got 73 marks on my coursework. How many marks would I need in the exam to get at least a B? I need it to get into my school's sixth form as well as A-level English Literature and Sociology.

English Language is my worst exam out of all of them and also one of the most important ones I need :frown:

High D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending