The Student Room Group

AQA maths which modules can I use?

Hey can anyone clear this up for me?

Last year I did these modules:
Core1, Core 2, Stats 1, Mech 1, Decision 1, FP1 (All aqa)

This year I am doing:
Core3, Core 4, Stats2, Mech 2, Mech 3, FP2, FP3

What combination of these modules am i allowed for my maths/further maths grade, for example I know i have to have c3 and c4 in my maths but can i have any additional module with this two? Or do my mech's have to go together or what? im just not sure what a "valid" combination is.

Many Thanks
Hi!

I was reading up about this the other day, actually. I think that your Maths A-Level is prioritised, so your highest scoring modules will go towards that and the rest towards Further Maths. :smile:

'Where candidates enter Mathematics and Further Mathematics in the same series, in accordance with inter-awardingbody rules, we will always maximise the grade for Mathematics, whilst leaving a valid combination for FurtherMathematics.'

So I think it can be any combination (apart from the core exams obviously). :smile:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/special_pdf/A-QUICK-GUIDE-TO-GCE-A-STAR-GRADES.PDF
Original post by sophiebookley
Hi!

I was reading up about this the other day, actually. I think that your Maths A-Level is prioritised, so your highest scoring modules will go towards that and the rest towards Further Maths. :smile:

'Where candidates enter Mathematics and Further Mathematics in the same series, in accordance with inter-awardingbody rules, we will always maximise the grade for Mathematics, whilst leaving a valid combination for FurtherMathematics.'

So I think it can be any combination (apart from the core exams obviously). :smile:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/special_pdf/A-QUICK-GUIDE-TO-GCE-A-STAR-GRADES.PDF

I saw this on the website aswell, although im just confused what a "valid combination" is, hopefully it just means anything other than c3/c4
Original post by JxxxjoexxxJ
I saw this on the website aswell, although im just confused what a "valid combination" is, hopefully it just means anything other than c3/c4

That was my understanding too, so C3 and C4 apply to your Maths grade, but the highest non-pure modules go to Maths and the rest to Further Maths. :smile:
Original post by PeterDylan
Hey can anyone clear this up for me?

Last year I did these modules:
Core1, Core 2, Stats 1, Mech 1, Decision 1, FP1 (All aqa)

This year I am doing:
Core3, Core 4, Stats2, Mech 2, Mech 3, FP2, FP3

What combination of these modules am i allowed for my maths/further maths grade, for example I know i have to have c3 and c4 in my maths but can i have any additional module with this two? Or do my mech's have to go together or what? im just not sure what a "valid" combination is.

Many Thanks

Maths has to contain core 1-4 then based on what you have taken the valid combinations for the other two results are:
S1&2, M1&2, S1&M1, S1&D1 or D1&M1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry this isn't related to your question, but would M1 be hard to learn over summer using revision videos and textbooks? I need to learn it for September but don't really know how to approach it since the closest I've done is GCSE physics.

Quick Reply

Latest