The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by gabby3457
luckily i just about got finished but i thought it was hard enough, it was deadly length wise though :L

It was never ending😭 Also the migration case study we only learnt about the donor country not the host country so I had no idea what to write for it!!
Reply 641
Original post by jackcoys
Physics Chemistry and Biology Unit 2 TA coming up. Anyone done anything for Physics on the 24th? Haven't even started.

I haven't opened physics since April so I'm screwed😂
Anyone have Further Maths next thursday?
I have further maths unit 1 next Thursday. How are you feeling about it?
Original post by shialabeouf
How is everyone revising for Moving Image Arts? Our teacher hasn't covered any theory at all and tbh I'm kinda dreading it.

i'm just winging it :/ our teacher didn't do theory either!
Also doing Further Maths next week! Actually feeling pretty good about it (for the first time ever - pure is the worst for me)
I just hate the stuff about forming and solving equations- I never get them right!😭Although we did a mock today and it was actually okay. I hope we get those simultaneous equations with 3 unknowns!!!😊
Original post by laurenmck99
Also doing Further Maths next week! Actually feeling pretty good about it (for the first time ever - pure is the worst for me)

Im the opposite I find mechanics and statistics worse
Original post by chemnerd4life
Im the opposite I find mechanics and statistics worse

haven't even started looking at stats and mechanics yet :s-smilie: had to re-teach myself all pure due to having the worst maths teacher in the school :frown:
Anyone for Biology on Friday?
Original post by laurenmck99
haven't even started looking at stats and mechanics yet :s-smilie: had to re-teach myself all pure due to having the worst maths teacher in the school :frown:

I've harp pretty much teach myself the whole course, my maths teacher doesn't teach us anything. He goes that fast through topics and half the class don't even know what's going on 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chemistrynerd13
I just hate the stuff about forming and solving equations- I never get them right!😭Although we did a mock today and it was actually okay. I hope we get those simultaneous equations with 3 unknowns!!!😊

Yes me too, an easy 9 marks
Reply 652
Original post by chemnerd4life
Anyone have Further Maths next thursday?

I have it! I'm good with pure, it's just mechanics and stats I'm scared for as I can't do any of it!!
Reply 653
Original post by bslevin
Anyone for Biology on Friday?

Yeah I'm dreading it! What do you think will be on it?!
I've got further maths on thursday. I hope we don't get f*cked over like the A level people! Im pretty good at Pure but Mech/Stats could literally fall either way. (pardon the pun)
Original post by rl15
I have it! I'm good with pure, it's just mechanics and stats I'm scared for as I can't do any of it!!

haha me either 😂
Original post by rl15
Yeah I'm dreading it! What do you think will be on it?!

i think all the basics always come up you know genetic engineering, and the whole plasmid crap will be up, not sure what the six marker will be on this year though? Perhaps osmosis or natural selection??
Original post by jackcoys
Physics Chemistry and Biology Unit 2 TA coming up. Anyone done anything for Physics on the 24th? Haven't even started.

Nope. Just hoping I'll get some revision done for it. You ready for Biology tomorrow?
Original post by chemistrynerd13
I have further maths unit 1 next Thursday. How are you feeling about it?

Haven't even looked at it yet... :/
Original post by GoNinty
that geography exam was... weird. i dont know how to describe it. part of me is thinking about how hard it is and the other part of me is also thinking about how it wasn't that bad. i remember thinking to myself 'dear god this is terrible' in the middle of it. i wasn't too pressed for time, although i do remember writing pretty furiously throughout.

there were a lot of questions that were vague, i agree. like the one on the graph and age dependency, well what age groups on the graph are the aged dependents? i didnt want to have to add up all of the percentages of both genders for age groups from 60-85, so i just did 85+. it would've been nice if they'd have told us. that aid question was weird as well. i had some stock standard benefits and drawbacks of aid to LEDCs, so I was able to remember two of those. we didn't have any place names though, so I just threw in a random LEDC.

at least that's geography over. both papers were pretty mediocre and honestly paper 1 still gives me PTSD. many found it easy but I think I kinda screwed up on a question or two :s my controlled assessment mark was really good though, so hopefully that helps out. little scared.

i still don't know how to feel. roll on biology and business studies (also along with the 5 other exams i have left after those) (im gonna commit)

**ALSO HELLO HISTORY PEOPLE:** im unsure if this is true but i heard from a friend in school today that the grade boundaries for history will be lower since we're the first students doing the new spec. im not sure if this is true (if anyone could confirm that'd be nice) but if is indeed true then that's great.

You have 5 exams, most of my friends have 3 or 4 and I'm sat in the corner shaking... I have 10 left. Ccea is killing me right now. Also, I completely read that aged dependent question wrong. I was too frantic and wrote about the whole graph. When I realised, I near died in my chair!

Quick Reply

Latest