The Student Room Group

Geography B EDEXCEL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oh i did about the changing of the uk economy
Original post by annriya
i put about the charged vehicles like in some zone areas you have to pay £18 etc to reduce congestion into the central London , the bike hire scheme and about recycling such as in Tesco's people now have to pay for the plastics bags etc .. - im not sure if its right though?[/QUOT

The plastic bags will get you some marks, it depends on how many other points related to waste reduction you affiliated within your answer
Original post by annriya

oh, which school do you attend?
Original post by annriya

oh, which school do you attend?
Reply 24
:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by moppp
What was the 8 marker for that? I did it but I can't remember the question...

It was something to do with how urban areas in the developed world can improve?
For the 8 marker in urban my interpretation of the question was to do with recycling, compost bins and BedZED homes in London. I felt that boris bikes and hydrogen buses etc is reducing consumption of energy rather than reducing waste generation? Vague question
Original post by adamrusty
For the 8 marker in urban my interpretation of the question was to do with recycling, compost bins and BedZED homes in London. I felt that boris bikes and hydrogen buses etc is reducing consumption of energy rather than reducing waste generation? Vague question

Yeah, I'm such an idiot - I talked about bikes. Even though, I knew it was wrong - I had no idea what to talk about.
Reply 28
Original post by Chittesh14
Yeah, I'm such an idiot - I talked about bikes. Even though, I knew it was wrong - I had no idea what to talk about.

Great only talked about recycling...:angry:
Original post by moppp
I wrote about Newham in London and how it changed due to the olympics.. Hope that was right didn't really know what else to put

i did that too, mentioning how jobs were made, homes were built and additional green space was made: all improving the area and peoples quality of life
Original post by adamrusty

thing is is that they might accept reducing energy wasted as past of reducing waste. i didnt think of this and just talked about recycling, composting and burning waste for energy (done in stratford). idk if its right though
Original post by Speedbird129
What did people say for the eight marker before this one on changing settlements?

I wrote about the regeneration of Liverpool and the regeneration of Newham with the Olympic Park and evaluated the success of each
Reply 32
yeah i put about hydrogen and hydroelectric power , i wasn't too sure either on what else to put :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending