The Student Room Group

Are there any other fellow Petrolheads out there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
Hmm well it sounds ok to me.
I love the sound of a rotary engine! Plus the 2jz is pretty awesome too!!

Jap cars are superb! I'm not the biggest BMW fan tbh, I prefer Audi!
Really? It's a unique sound and I love it!
I'm confused now?
I like the sound of that, but hate the car!

It's pretty big in racing! But it would be slower off the line whilst the turbos spool up!
I've not heard that before.
Yeah the 458 is expensive and ugly.
Well 0.3s can be hard to find. But 200k does seem excessive!
The 458 is more a race car whereas the M5 is a toy.
The RX7 though is the best! :biggrin:

Gonna strongly disagree there my man. The M5 is a proper car. The 458 is more of a toy because it's pverly expensive and in comparison, really not worth the money but would be fun to have. The M5 is a proper car, practical, sporty, comforting, economical, proper boot, seating for 5 etc.

0.3 secs can be made up easily by the BMW. Tbh, it could be made up by a slight slip in the 458's wheelspsin. That can cost 0.3 secs. I think the 458 looks pretty nice but too expensive.

Nah. I hate modded cars. Makes them look cheap and like they can't afford a better/faster car. Just my opinion though. Audi isn't bad. Some good cars but again, a lot of flaws.
Reply 161
Original post by ....Jeff458
Gonna strongly disagree there my man. The M5 is a proper car. The 458 is more of a toy because it's pverly expensive and in comparison, really not worth the money but would be fun to have. The M5 is a proper car, practical, sporty, comforting, economical, proper boot, seating for 5 etc.

0.3 secs can be made up easily by the BMW. Tbh, it could be made up by a slight slip in the 458's wheelspsin. That can cost 0.3 secs. I think the 458 looks pretty nice but too expensive.

Nah. I hate modded cars. Makes them look cheap and like they can't afford a better/faster car. Just my opinion though. Audi isn't bad. Some good cars but again, a lot of flaws.

Bmw fanboy you talk way too much about bmw, dont get me wrong they make great cars
Reply 162
Did any one watched Fd couple of days ago?
Original post by djmans
Bmw fanboy you talk way too much about bmw, dont get me wrong they make great cars

I LOVE ///M power cars, yes, but BMW as a whole not a fanboy. I like other companies and makes like Mustang's, Mclaren's etc. I am talking about BMW because that is what we were conversing on? Otherwise I have no idea what on Earth you mean?
Original post by djmans
Did any one watched Fd couple of days ago?

Ive only seen the top 32 so far. Gutted for Mad Mike! (You can probably tell i supoort him haha)
Ive seen whos won it though!
What did you think?
Damn glitches!

That's an impressive list of Beemers!
How did you manage to get in all those BMW's?
The Jeep sounds awesome! I'd love to own a Hemi V8 powered car!
Did the Golf surprise you at all?

My dad's mate's son is a proper petrol head and loves his cars. Every time he gets a new one, we take it out for a "test drive" :wink:. The Jeep was my dad's mates car (hes pretty minted). The VR6 was the first fast car I have ever sat in and yes that surprised me some what. Scared the hell out of me, before that I never understood why people redline their cars. After that, I had my answer.

Edit: forgot to say, the jeep is a proper sleeper. Its incredible. It'll pull from no revs and get up 80mph in second (redlines at about 5

000 revs, cant remember but it was low reving).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 166
Ive only seen the top 32 so far. Gutted for Mad Mike! (You can probably tell i supoort him haha)
Ive seen whos won it though!
What did you think?

are the judges are so bad, i mean fedric wasent even that good its not that i hate him but the judges sometimes favor him over the other drivers
Original post by djmans
are the judges are so bad, i mean fedric wasent even that good its not that i hate him but the judges sometimes favor him over the other drivers

I remember him in the final 32 round. He wasn't great there and I personally though that the other driver was better (can't remember who it was now).
I agree there! It's unfortunate but true!!
What's happened with Denofa? He won in Long Beach and wasn't in the top 32 in the last round!
Hi Everyone. I just searched up "JDM" in the search box and this is the first thread that came up, so please don't mind me joining in. I'm mainly a JDM guy like some of you guys on this thread but Euros are nice too. But now days the big Superchargers are pulling me towards them from the USDM. What about all of you guys?
@FireFreezer77 That MX5 you got as your profile pic is sick. Man that big wang looks so good on there. MX5 don't have the Rotary engines do they?
Original post by dennissingh99
Hi Everyone. I just searched up "JDM" in the search box and this is the first thread that came up, so please don't mind me joining in. I'm mainly a JDM guy like some of you guys on this thread but Euros are nice too. But now days the big Superchargers are pulling me towards them from the USDM. What about all of you guys?

Hey!! Yes! Another JDM fan!
Feel free to join in! All Petrolheads are welcome!
I love superchargers!
What are your favourite JDM and euro cars!?
Original post by dennissingh99
@FireFreezer77 That MX5 you got as your profile pic is sick. Man that big wang looks so good on there. MX5 don't have the Rotary engines do they?

Ah thanks man!
It sure does! It's pretty damn awesome!
Not as standard no, however this one does! It has a 26B-Quad Rotor which is also Twin Turboed giving 1200bhp!!
The car is called RADBUL if you want to google it!
Driver: Mad Mike Whiddett!
Reply 172
I remember him in the final 32 round. He wasn't great there and I personally though that the other driver was better (can't remember who it was now).
I agree there! It's unfortunate but true!!
What's happened with Denofa? He won in Long Beach and wasn't in the top 32 in the last round!

he got out early on
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by djmans
he got out early on

Damn! He was epic in Long Beach!
I like the Rx-8 as well
Do you think a Mitsubishi ego is a good first car?
Evo*
Audi beats all
Original post by Richard sulaiman
Evo*

It's a fantastic 1st car for any new driver. The all wheel drive system makes it a much safer car in all driving conditions. I am afraid to say but it's very, very, extremely expensive to insure. You have 300+ horses under the bonnet, which means huge responsibility upon the driver.
Original post by Minchico
Audi beats all

Aah, I love Audi's QUATTRO cars.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending