The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shad4w
Did you go overr it?

nope, i just went over the constitutional reforms that the coalition did and the quad-meeting which Dodgy dave did:smile:
hi guys. how does COBRA link to the cabinet's power? does it? how can i include it in my answer if they ask about cabinet gov in the 25 or 40 marker
Original post by lilavocado
hi guys. how does COBRA link to the cabinet's power? does it? how can i include it in my answer if they ask about cabinet gov in the 25 or 40 marker

Cabinet meetings are held at times of crisis also known as Cobra meetings ?
I guess you could use it as an against point for marginalisation? Idk
Im going to bed , good luck everyone
Reply 1123
What are the predictions for Judiciary by any chance?
not sure for judiciary but a question on explaining the features of the constitution is likely to come up according to my teacher
Original post by Tresyen
Is that for the resit?:

Yeah if you're retaking today but they ain't really accurate

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shad4w
Did you go overr it?

Coalition government would be considered irrelevant now cause of last years election so I honestly doubt they will go back and ask a coalition question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yooooo how is everyone feeling?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyadtr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not good lol
Don't know what to rdut

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really dreading this exam. Difficult questions with a short time limit is going to be bad.
It will be fun hehe
Original post by hw1221
Really dreading this exam. Difficult questions with a short time limit is going to be bad.

to be honest it wont be as time constrained because of the source-that will probably give you a spare 5 minutes to play with
Original post by xxvine
Not good lol
Don't know what to rdut

you can do itttttt
focus on the stuff youre not so sure about now or read over your notes and so some of those card note things...or a lovely quiz
you can do itttttt
focus on the stuff youre not so sure about now or read over your notes and so some of those card note things...or a lovely quiz

What sections do you think the units will come up?
Original post by Shad4w
What sections do you think the units will come up?

evaluation/significance of constitutional reforms from 1979 or to be really horrible something about post 2010 constitutional reform only or how does the constitution limit government power

parliament something about how does it hold government to account/scrutinise//argument for parliament reform or just the lords chamber or 'parliament is an irrelevant institution'

pm and cabinet: im hoping for power, dreaded question would be about the cabinet today

judiciary: something about echr and a british bill of rights or about if civil liberties are under threat

if that cabinet one comes up ill throw myself into a fire
I have a really bad feeling it'll be on the cabinet or something like ' how important is the cabinet' because that hasn't come up since 2012 :frown:
ngl you can just switc around your plan for how powerful the PM is and re work your argument :smile:
evaluation/significance of constitutional reforms from 1979 or to be really horrible something about post 2010 constitutional reform only or how does the constitution limit government power

parliament something about how does it hold government to account/scrutinise//argument for parliament reform or just the lords chamber or 'parliament is an irrelevant institution'

pm and cabinet: im hoping for power, dreaded question would be about the cabinet today

judiciary: something about echr and a british bill of rights or about if civil liberties are under threat
I think that the source takes longer because unlike in unit 1 we can't get straight into it

Posted from TSR Mobile
i shall join you dw
Constituiton is stressing me though.. theres SO MUCH to learn and its just :s-smilie:
if that cabinet one comes up ill throw myself into a fire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending