The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So would people think that, generally, this paper was easier or harder than last year's?
Reply 3941
Original post by Oiseaux
Would sports and warfare be counted as two separate explanations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes lmao
Reply 3942
Original post by adtr0706
So would people think that, generally, this paper was easier or harder than last year's?

About the same - there was a lot of choice in this paper though... like relationships formation or maintenance and with the evo aggression you could've talked about infidelity and jealousy or group displays so... I'd say the same
Reply 3943
Original post by violetvictorious
Ran out of time and didn't get to mention jealousy and infidelity... Because I left that question last

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you mentioned than one explanation, you should be ok but you are limited to half marks.

There was so many explainations you could've used!
Jealousy and infidelity
Sports and warfare
I know some even do that lynch mobs stuff?
Original post by NHM
About the same - there was a lot of choice in this paper though... like relationships formation or maintenance and with the evo aggression you could've talked about infidelity and jealousy or group displays so... I'd say the same

Yeah, there is that

Was just trying to guess where the grade boundaries would be aha
Reply 3945
And guys jealousy and infidelity count as 2 seperate explanations unless you talked about jealousy twice in the essay you're fine.
Reply 3946
Original post by adtr0706
Yeah, there is that

Was just trying to guess where the grade boundaries would be aha

Probably around the same as last years- due to a lot of people missing the gender schema question that will bring boundaries down.
I explained jealosy in detail for A01, but then mentioned infidelity, but didn't explain what it was.
And I'm pretty sure it didn't say you needed two explanations right?
It was a 4+16 marker in the end, so you don't need much A01.
Guys can someone explain how much we have to write for 10 mark "essay"? I know how to do the scenario questions, but when it comes to the 10 mark essay how much do we write? How many studies eval point etc
Original post by Can't think name
The classification for schizophrenia...it's unlikely to be a 24 marker right...wats the maximum mark it can be?

My teacher told us the maximum it could be would be 8 marks as its only outline so is purely AO1 :smile:
Original post by NHM
As long as you mentioned than one explanation, you should be ok but you are limited to half marks.

Jealousy and infidelity
Sports and warfare

I did sports and lynch mobs? Does that count as separate if just did group displays, but lynch and sports since both conpletelt different
Original post by NHM

Jealousy and infidelity
Sports and warfare

Harsh :/ well let's hope the examiners won't be so harsh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Can't think name
Anyone doing Anomalistic for psya4? Do u know if Saj is doing predictions for this?

I'm doing it too. There's always a 10 mark question so he can predict that I suppose and he's given predictions for the other application topics in PSYA4 so I'm assuming he will do soon... I hope
Reply 3953
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I did sports and lynch mobs? Does that count as separate if just did group displays, but lynch and sports since both conpletelt different

Yes.
Original post by NHM
Yes.

Do you know how to ansswer the 10 mark "essays" for the psychology in action section when its a 4+6 split how much studies eval points etc should be included
GUYS AQA ARE ON TO US AND SAJ!

"Probably the most striking feature was the increased use of modelanswers downloaded from the web"

This was from 2015 paper
Reply 3956
GUYS AQA ARE ON TO US AND SAJ!

"Probably the most striking feature was the increased use of modelanswers downloaded from the web"

This was from 2015 paper

Lmao I know 😂 I think it's 4 marks A01 and 6 marks application so you basically just need to apply it to the scenario. About 2 studies I'd say?

For a 10 marker I'd say about 1 page of writing?
Original post by NHM
Lmao I know 😂 I think it's 4 marks A01 and 6 marks application so you basically just need to apply it to the scenario.

For a 10 marker I'd say about 1 page of writing?

I mean for this example here
Discuss the learning approach to explaining initiation of gambling

How much studies should i include for a question like this?
Hi does anyone know how to answer the question,
'Discuss the scientific status of parapsychology?'
I'm lost! I don't know what kind of stuff would need to be included, any help would be appreciated
Reply 3959
I mean for this example here
Discuss the learning approach to explaining initiation of gambling

How much studies should i include for a question like this?

I have no idea I don't do that :/ I do media

Latest

Trending

Trending