The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by evekay
someone please help - i have no notes for schizophrenia or addiction, i've just got the loopa essays but they're long and they'll take too long to learn, really need some help and it'd be much appreciated! does anyone have any notes they can share? panicking that i know nothing:frown:

I'm doing these two as well, have you got any notes?
Did anyone do eating behaviour for Psy3? could you tell me what the question/s were?
Original post by Kellypom
For the aggression one I wrote about infidelity and jealousy. In my textbook they are labelled as evolutionary explanations of aggression therefore are two different explanations. For group display they would specially ask for group display like a previous exam question something like explain group display in human aggression. So everyone including myself who just did infidelity and jealousy should be okay

Group display is still an evolutionary explanation so that would be right too :wink:
Original post by mscoupon
Did anyone do eating behaviour for Psy3? could you tell me what the question/s were?

one or more biological explanation of an eating disorder
i did anorexia
How's everyone revising PSYA4 Addiction ? Ive found in the Loopa books theres tonnes to learn but were unlikely to get anything over a 12 mark question is this true?
Original post by Oiseaux
Group display is still an evolutionary explanation so that would be right too :wink:

Yeah group display is fine but so is just infidelity and jealousy :smile:
Original post by victoria.98
I'm doing these two as well, have you got any notes?

this is my problem - i dont have any other than the loopa essays but they're so long i'm sure we don't need to know ALL of it... so i've just started to try and use them to write much small essays so i can then go and memorise them... maybe this is a bad idea? i need advice!
Im planning on finish memorizing the essays for section A so for me is depression as this is 20-24 mark essay questions. Plus its shorter so ill feel better, if i can get this done today i can feel a bit better.

Has anyone else started or planning on completing a section by today?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Im planning on finish memorizing the essays for section A so for me is depression as this is 20-24 mark essay questions. Plus its shorter so ill feel better, if i can get this done today i can feel a bit better.

how do you structure a 24 marker? is it likely that will come up for depression? (or schizophrenia in my case)
Original post by m1gg1n
How's everyone revising PSYA4 Addiction ? Ive found in the Loopa books theres tonnes to learn but were unlikely to get anything over a 12 mark question is this true?

Yep you cant get asked a 24 mark question for that section im sure of it, so with addiction as im doing that aswell its best to just learn 2 studies from each essay cover the A01 aswell as some eval points, I dont even think you can get more than a 10 marker for section B?

In the case for some like risk factors just do one study for each like one for stress peers age etc.
Original post by evekay
how do you structure a 24 marker? is it likely that will come up for depression? (or schizophrenia in my case)

Its guaranteed for everybody as everyone chooses one topic from A one from B, and A always has a 20-24 mark essay depending what they choose.

The structure is the same as we have been doing for psya3

Good idea.
I think I'll try to do the same, only just started PSYA4 revision today. 😁 I'm doing Schizophrenia and anomalistic (hate anomalistic, why did my teachers choose it...)
Its guaranteed for everybody as everyone chooses one topic from A one from B, and A always has a 20-24 mark essay depending what they choose.

The structure is the same as we have been doing for psya3

thank you!!
Original post by Sian-97
Good idea.
I think I'll try to do the same, only just started PSYA4 revision today. 😁 I'm doing Schizophrenia and anomalistic (hate anomalistic, why did my teachers choose it...)

Same, but im sure i can do it if i focus properly, im going to try and do 3 studies for each essay rather than 4 i was doing, however for the predicted questions ill do 4 for the rest ill stick to 3.
anyone doing schizophrenia do you think it's likely that a 24 marker could come up on classification and diagnosis?
Same, but im sure i can do it if i focus properly, im going to try and do 3 studies for each essay rather than 4 i was doing, however for the predicted questions ill do 4 for the rest ill stick to 3.

Oh ok, I think I'll do the same :smile:
Are you including AIDS points for evaluation (24m questions)? My teacher says they're not essential, only in PSYA3
Original post by Sian-97
Oh ok, I think I'll do the same :smile:
Are you including AIDS points for evaluation (24m questions)? My teacher says they're not essential, only in PSYA3

Im definitely not including "AIDS" points lol, but IDA i think i will if its relevant as it adds extra knowledge to help make sure you get top band.
Guys doing media, what are you using for the explanations for the persuasiveness of TV? Might just use HVYM or ELM cos its less to remember
If anyone has any good addiction notes, please let me know...

I hate addiction, this is the worst! :frown:
Original post by evekay
anyone doing schizophrenia do you think it's likely that a 24 marker could come up on classification and diagnosis?

It came up as 4 marker last year (replacement paper)
It came up as a full 24 marker JAN 2012 and JUNE 2010 only
So yeah could come up