The Student Room Group

AQA MM03 8th June 2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student0042
I have no clue. I don't even remember it saying that haha. I should read more carefully.

Yeah it said K was angular momentum in the huge paragraph of mostly unnecessary information. I also tend not to read these. It was about a lunar module or a satellite or something
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Yeah it said K was angular momentum in the huge paragraph of mostly unnecessary information. I also tend not to read these. It was about a lunar module or a satellite or something

I kind of went straight to the question, like I normally do. That'll teach me I guess...
atleast im not alone, putting so much pressure on C3 and C4 now :frown:
Reply 123
It wanted the magnitude, so +12 was right. I got 3/7 and 6/7 too. I also remember getting L^2 T^-1 for 2b. That's all I remember, I don't want to remember this paper anymore.

Flipping hell, I totally forgot there was a question on dimensional analysis! My memory of this exam solely consisted of blank pages until you mentioned it 😂
Original post by C0balt
Flipping hell, I totally forgot there was a question on dimensional analysis! My memory of this exam solely consisted of blank pages until you mentioned it 😂

Even that one was a bit unusual this year.
Reply 125
Even that one was a bit unusual this year.

There was nothing usual in this paper. The first question was too easy, it was like M1 Q1, and I knew I was in for a ride as soon as I saw it
Original post by C0balt
There was nothing usual in this paper. The first question was too easy, it was like M1 Q1, and I knew I was in for a ride as soon as I saw it

I was surprised myself. It seemed like they had 4 marks left over and needed to make it total 75 so just stuck any random easy question at the beginning.
I was surprised myself. It seemed like they had 4 marks left over and needed to make it total 75 so just stuck any random easy question at the beginning.

I completely blanked on it though, and had no idea what to do. I knew how to do the second part, but didn't have a speed. Oh well, I'm still getting a U lol.
I did. Whether it's right is another story. I know I made a silly mistake on Q7 (b) and couldn't finish 6 (b) in time

Same here with question 6 b - all I had left was to equate two equations properly! Another 30 minutes and I reckon I could have got that and 7... Ah well.
Original post by C0balt
Yeah, if the A* requirement wasn't in FM I would, but I'm expecting a D on this exam. And FP2 will surely be a present from Satan as well

I'm in the same boat - also need an A* in FM for Cambridge. Let's hope we can get A*s in everything else and that the admissions tutors show mercy.
Original post by Swindelz
Same here with question 6 b - all I had left was to equate two equations properly! Another 30 minutes and I reckon I could have got that and 7... Ah well.

What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 131
Original post by Swindelz
I'm in the same boat - also need an A* in FM for Cambridge. Let's hope we can get A*s in everything else and that the admissions tutors show mercy.

What course?
Yeah I'll have to rely on their mercy lol
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?

I reckon A* - 59, A - 54, B - 47, C - 41, D - 36, E - 30
Something like that, hopefully that'll get me a B. Knowing AQA, they will be higher though.
yeah that was the worst exam i ever sat, was completely lost on the projectile question, wouldve gotten full marks on number 8 with a little more time, i reckon i lost 15 marks alreadyd
Disgusting with and without vectors

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reckon A* - 59, A - 54, B - 47, C - 41, D - 36, E - 30
Something like that, hopefully that'll get me a B. Knowing AQA, they will be higher though.

I reckon E could be lower, that's the only boundary I need to look at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jjsnyder

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha me too. It may be lower (I hope it will be lower), I was literally guessing them, but also making them reasonable-ish.
Original post by jjsnyder

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you need this to be a good grade, or do you have others to rely on?
Did you need this to be a good grade, or do you have others to rely on?

No I can throw this away, but if I mess up on any others then I won't get an A* :frown: Will have to do some work for FP2, wasn't going to revise for FM as I have step which is way harder, but looks like I should do a few papers now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aoxa
No, funnily enough. One of them walked out and actually said he found it alright, and 'quite enjoyable'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the Oxbridge people I spoke to found it really hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending