The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannii
Anyone heard from Red Lion or 9-12 Bell Yard??

Those are both popular chambers - you will hear on TSR when people get interviews/rejections.

They're also both chambers that send out rejections.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had 1st round interview with QEB-HW? If so, what is the usual structure? Any tips would be appreciated. :smile:
Not yet unfortunately. Do you have an interview for the civil or the family pupillage?
Original post by LegalCat
Not yet unfortunately. Do you have an interview for the civil or the family pupillage?

Neither. It's for Business crime pupillage.
Original post by Barr23
Has anyone had 1st round interview with QEB-HW? If so, what is the usual structure? Any tips would be appreciated. :smile:

They were involved in the Bar Council's #PupillageHour last night on twitter. Might be worth checking out?
[QUOTE="PupillageAhh;65590495"]They were involved in the Bar Council's #PupillageHour last night on twitter. Might be worth checking out?[/QUOTE

I will check this out now. Thank for the info. :smile:
Original post by pgpupilchaser
I do. Have you heard anything back regarding time?

Not yet I am afraid. Are you going for the family or the civil pupillage?
I know it doesn't really matter what GW says unless it says 'First Interview' or 'Unsuccessful', but does anyone know what 'Under Consideration' means? Thomas More has gone from 'Shortlisted' to 'Under Consideration' and I've not experienced either before. If anyone has any information or insights then I would be grateful!
Original post by charcoalfeathers
I know it doesn't really matter what GW says unless it says 'First Interview' or 'Unsuccessful', but does anyone know what 'Under Consideration' means? Thomas More has gone from 'Shortlisted' to 'Under Consideration' and I've not experienced either before. If anyone has any information or insights then I would be grateful!

I have a strong feeling everyone's status for Thomas More has changed from shortlisted to under consideration so I wouldnt read anything into it to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab
I have a strong feeling everyone's status for Thomas More has changed from shortlisted to under consideration so I wouldnt read anything into it to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suspect the different status means more to chambers, probably something that they use for filtering purposes.
I have a set from last year that changed on gateway to "under consideration" and I heard nothing further. It still has the same status 😆
Any news from 6 Pump Court anyone?

On the status change point the PG team told me the other day (I had a technical query on one of my applications) that "shortlisted" is there to provide Chambers with a way of filtering then moving those in that category over to first interview. Of course that's not to say that it always happens that way but it does make sense.
187 Fleet Street 1st round out.
Reply 1732
Original post by PupillageAhh
187 Fleet Street 1st round out.

Gateway update or email (or both)?

My gateway is still on applied :frown:
Original post by LawMe
Gateway update or email (or both)?

My gateway is still on applied :frown:

Both but last year they did it in batches. Bon chance!
Reply 1734
Original post by PupillageAhh
Both but last year they did it in batches. Bon chance!

Ah thank you! Keeping the hope alive then!

Does anyone know if they reject by silence?
Reply 1735
Has everyone heard back from Matrix yet, or are some people still waiting?
Reply 1736
1KBW Rejections out by personalised email
6-7 Gough Square rejection letter came today by post
Has anyone heard from Nexus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1739
Original post by legalbaker
Has anyone heard from Nexus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.

Quick Reply

Latest