The Student Room Group

Education Studies or Primary Education leading to QTS?

Hello,

I have been offered an unconditional offer at Northampton university for educational studies and was set on this as the schedule looks like i could keep my job for 2 days (IT Technician at a primary school) but before i was about to confirm was looking at the primary education course as it leads straight to QTS. I applied and have been offered an Interview on the 15th was just wondering if anyone had done this course and has an idea of the schedule?
Original post by lwil
Hello,

I have been offered an unconditional offer at Northampton university for educational studies and was set on this as the schedule looks like i could keep my job for 2 days (IT Technician at a primary school) but before i was about to confirm was looking at the primary education course as it leads straight to QTS. I applied and have been offered an Interview on the 15th was just wondering if anyone had done this course and has an idea of the schedule?

I would say stick to Ed Studies, its a much more relaxed course compared to the Primary Ed (BEd). I lived with BEds this year and im thankful i wasnt accepted onto it as they were stressing out hugely come 3 days before deadline. My timetable gave me minimal contact time, no more than 4 a day with having fridays off too.

Plus the ed studies looks at a more broad range of topics rather than telling you how to teach.

so yeah, only you can really say, but stick to your original plan. it probably will be best for you
Reply 2
Original post by Jay018
I would say stick to Ed Studies, its a much more relaxed course compared to the Primary Ed (BEd). I lived with BEds this year and im thankful i wasnt accepted onto it as they were stressing out hugely come 3 days before deadline. My timetable gave me minimal contact time, no more than 4 a day with having fridays off too.

Plus the ed studies looks at a more broad range of topics rather than telling you how to teach.

so yeah, only you can really say, but stick to your original plan. it probably will be best for you

Thanks for the reply

I take it your doing education studies now?
Original post by lwil
Thanks for the reply

I take it your doing education studies now?

I am yes. Best decision i made. I never started the BEd and I am thankful i did not get onto it :smile: as i now have a different career aspiration.

Another bit of advice is, make sure you definitely want to go on and tech after your degree. As Ed Studies will let you go on and teach, albeit after a PGCE but it will also allow you to explore other areas of education if you find that you do not want to teach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending