The Student Room Group

Official OCR New Spec AS Level Physics: Depth in physics - 9th of May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mm_7
Woo! yeah u can only try your 100%! Good Luck!

Good luck to you too! Hopefully the exam will be as easy as the new OCR biology exam I did earlier in the week...
yo vanilla poison, i shouted you out bro, wheres my reply at?
pls dont air me like this
big shout out to vanilla poison ma G tearing this chat up with bare knowledge
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thomanat
Good luck to you too! Hopefully the exam will be as easy as the new OCR biology exam I did earlier in the week...

same i did that exam aswell.. hopefully its easier!!
Original post by youngguss98
hey vanilla posion,
i am in a predicament currently as i have done no revision at all because i had pro clubs whip instead of revising last night. which topics do you suggest i revise so that i can rag an e?

Hahah you could start with learning the experiments, though it is a little too late tbh.

Here's a list another user predicted:
Original post by TheRealLBA
- projectiles and suva
- triangle of forces, objects in equilibrium etc
.-terminal velocity
- Moments
- power and energy
- young modulus(whole chapter)
- potential divider
- Double slit interference
- refraction-polarisation
-Einsteins photoelectric effect equation

Original post by zesty swaingel
big shout out to vanilla poison ma G tearing this chat up with bare knowledge

Appreciate it m8
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vanilla Poison
Hahah you could start with learning the experiments, though it is a little too late tbh.

cheers dude, ill give it a go mate. at the end of the day its just swings and roundabouts init so it did alright on the first exam so im overdue and exam where i do bad
Original post by mm_7
same i did that exam aswell.. hopefully its easier!!

So you do biology & physics... do you do chemistry & maths too, like me?

Appreciate it m8

you deserve it big man
Reply 128
Yep, the voltmeter can be across the fixed resistor or an LDR/Thermistor.

And it there if no voltmeter we assume that we talk about current?
So you do biology & physics... do you do chemistry & maths too, like me?

Yeahh!!
Original post by mm_7
Yeahh!!

So how do you find the PAG's in science? Easy?
So how do you find the PAG's in science? Easy?

considering my school didnt carry out many experiments, i had to resort to memorizing form the textbook :frown:
Original post by voltz
And it there if no voltmeter we assume that we talk about current?

There can still be a voltmeter in the circuit, just not in the format of a potential divider circuit if that makes any sense. When in doubt just talk about the current, no harm in doing so.
please dudes get a room for your flanter i need to latch off poisons knowledge
Why do progressive waves have the same amplitude at all points of the wave? Surely if amplitude is just max displacement, then the amplitude is changing along the wave?
Reply 135
There can still be a voltmeter in the circuit, just not in the format of a potential divider circuit if that makes any sense. When in doubt just talk about the current, no harm in doing so.

Im just worried because on past questions you can lose all marks for talking about current
Original post by HopelessMedic
Why do progressive waves have the same amplitude at all points of the wave? Surely if amplitude is just max displacement, then the amplitude is changing along the wave?

the amplitude is the max displacement but particles move up and down so they all experience amplitude and the particles constantly change their displacement but the maximum displaced point that they reach does not, so the amplitude does not change
Original post by voltz
Im just worried because on past questions you can lose all marks for talking about current

Never realised, that sounds pretty extreme. It's hard to say hen you need to talk about current, but I hope you'll be able to recognise from the question if you need to or not.
Reply 138
Never realised, that sounds pretty extreme. It's hard to say hen you need to talk about current, but I hope you'll be able to recognise from the question if you need to or not.

I hope so, thanks for you help - good luck on the paper (if youre sitting it)!
wave superposition better come up

Quick Reply

Latest