The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Coutinho scores a hat-trick and delivers a man of the match performance for Brazil at the Copa America.

Great.

That'll ward off the potential suitors...
Original post by Mackay
Coutinho scores a hat-trick and delivers a man of the match performance for Brazil at the Copa America.

Great.

That'll ward off the potential suitors...

He's been absolutely dominant for Brazil lately and if their strikers could finish, he'd have a whole bunch of assists too.
It's awful to say but I kinda wanted him to fail in the Copa America so we didn't lose him...

The thing is, not only will it attract other clubs, it'll give him the (false?) confidence to think he could realistically get in to Barca's side for instance.
We all know Coutinho is too inconsistent to move to a big side just yet. Similarly to Suarez, I think he's really benefit from one more season with us.

Spurs have been able to keep Lloris when we all expected such a good keeper to be snatched up. Perhaps it's a little harder to keep a South American, but we have the finances and the manager to give it a good go.

EDIT: Just seen his goals - one was a tap in and the other two were fantastic strikes, but in fairness they were against Haiti who got thumped 7-1.
(edited 7 years ago)
Least he's adding another 10mil to his transfer fee..
His third was a beauty.
Original post by Mackay
His third was a beauty.

And his game was against Haiti
First I've heard of someone adding 10m to their transfer value after a game vs Haiti

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth
First I've heard of someone adding 10m to their transfer value after a game vs Haiti

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to the world of Liverpool fans, who are as delusional as the ARVN.
Original post by TaintedLight

Can only score against who is in front of you.
Original post by TaintedLight

That goal is something he regularly tries to do (and comes off sometimes) and he's scoring that against any team.

1st goal - Haiti keeper should do better and defenders not near him
2nd goal - tap in
3rd goal - ridiculously good and is scored against any team.
Original post by Gob Bluth

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant a good performance at an international tournament generally as opposed to one match.
Daniel Agger retires age 31 :eek:

Looks like it was the right decision to let him go a couple of years ago since it seems his body even struggled with the Danish league.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/09/former-liverpool-defender-daniel-agger-announces-retirement-from-football
Original post by Zerforax
Daniel Agger retires age 31 :eek:

Looks like it was the right decision to let him go a couple of years ago since it seems his body even struggled with the Danish league.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/09/former-liverpool-defender-daniel-agger-announces-retirement-from-football

That's a real shame, I always liked Agger. Unfortunately his body let him down.
We've opened talks with Can for a new contract, Swansea interested in Allen.
Am I the only one who gets slightly nervous whenever Mr Tim posts?
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Am I the only one who gets slightly nervous whenever Mr Tim posts?

Slightly?

His posts are more reliable than BBC Sport and they're always bad :frown:
Think it's today that every Premier League club submits the list of players released from their contracts. We know Enrique, Sinclair, Rossiter, Trickett-Smith and Cleary have been let go, reports say Teixeira, Toure and Yesil will join them.
Original post by Hugs31
Think it's today that every Premier League club submits the list of players released from their contracts. We know Enrique, Sinclair, Rossiter, Trickett-Smith and Cleary have been let go, reports say Teixeira, Toure and Yesil will join them.

I think the likes of Vigoroux and Joe Maguire maybe, too. The former is 22, and the latter is 20. You can probably lump O'Hanlon in with that duo, too.
Original post by Hugs31

Toure and Texiera are released. According to Echo, Texiera was offered a new contract but wanted regular football - correct decision on his age.
Reply 8058
Original post by mr tim
Toure and Texiera are released. According to Echo, Texiera was offered a new contract but wanted regular football - correct decision on his age.

Toure got released. Surprised with that. Guess he believes in Joe Gomez at CB for cover.
Will always remember that MOTM performance in the Bernabeu.

Latest