The Student Room Group

I plan on doing a all nighter for Maths

Scroll to see replies

Doubtful of what anyone says, It 100% depends on your mindset, i have stayed up for around 12 hours cramming day before revision and because i was confident and had it planned from the day before, i almost felt happy doing it. But the moment you start feeling stress and "What if i don't learn this" you should probably give up and sleep. Some people cope better without sleep than others. But I think it just depends on what you believe.
Reply 41
Worst thing you can really do is pull an all nighter before a big exam. What I'd do in your situation is head to sleep now and set an alarm for 5AM, then spend your morning revising for maths before your exam. That way the information will be fresher in your mind and you'll be more prepared for your exam.
I mean i don't know how many more times or needs said, but don't do it.

I knew a guy who revised 18 hours a day and failed everything. Was far too knackered to absorb the revision and far too tired to focus in his exams.

Not doing enough revision is bad, for sure, but you can reach a point where less is more. It sounds like you are there. Sleep, get up early then revise. Good luck.
Original post by Tinka99
I am well prepared for Biology and Business so not doing all nighters for them. I am also well prepared for Maths as well but I need Maths the most to get into the A levels I want to or my dreams will be crushed.

DOING AN ALL-NIGHTER WILL CRUSH YOUR DREAMS. You need to prepare for your exam. In the weeks/months before, the best preparation was revision. Now, the best preparation is sleep. Revision, once your friend, will be a detriment to you tonight. It may make you feel good, but it will stab you hard in the back when the exam happens. Sure, you may only get 99% with the revision you have. But 99% is better than 50%. Don't let your brain delude you - you will not get 100% after an all-nighter, no matter how much caffeine you take or exercise you get.
Original post by Tinka99
Anyone got any tips on how I get through a whole day tomorrow with zero sleep tonight? I have the Edexcel higher tier Maths exam tomorrow and aiming for a B. I am very worried I will end up with a C so to have a safe and secure B will cram in every single topic all night.

I have Biology and Business on Friday so can't sleep tomorrow after Maths even though I am on study leave as I need to revise for them. Any tips on how to survive a whole day?

I am planning to do this on Thursday night as i have biology and business on friday. But I strongly advise against doing this for maths- because maths is very logical and you NEED to have a clear mind to think the problem through properly.
I wish you the best of luck for tomorrow!:smile:

Spoiler

Don't go to sleep past 1- just watch videos on big questions e.g. 4-6 markers tonight and in the morning
Reply 46
lol...
im not saying you shouldl do an all nighter but i did them (not quite though) for all for of my recent exams and know i would have done much worse had i not, you still need to get SOME SLEEP, so for my 10 am exams id work till about 5.30 or so and wake up around 7, then do last minute stuff, i perosnally survive on adrenaline i think in those situations, then after youre first exam id sleep a few hours, 3.5 or 4 and then work a few hours, get another hour around midnight time then onec again 5.30 to 7, thats what i did and it worked for e personally
Original post by Tinka99
Anyone got any tips on how I get through a whole day tomorrow with zero sleep tonight? I have the Edexcel higher tier Maths exam tomorrow and aiming for a B. I am very worried I will end up with a C so to have a safe and secure B will cram in every single topic all night.

I have Biology and Business on Friday so can't sleep tomorrow after Maths even though I am on study leave as I need to revise for them. Any tips on how to survive a whole day?

What did you end up doing and how did it go today?
Reply 49
Original post by u.sha
What did you end up doing and how did it go today?

I stayed up till about 4am and covered a lot and glad I did as a lot of what I went through came up today. I then went to bed for about 3 1/2 hours and woke up at about 7:30. I am quite certain I secured my B today so damn happy and to be honest that paper was not too bad.
Original post by Tinka99
I stayed up till about 4am and covered a lot and glad I did as a lot of what I went through came up today. I then went to bed for about 3 1/2 hours and woke up at about 7:30. I am quite certain I secured my B today so damn happy and to be honest that paper was not too bad.

The power of cram is strong within you.
Original post by Tinka99

I'm glad you managed to get some sleep! Good luck with the rest of your exams :smile:.
Original post by Tinka99
I have learnt all the topics up to A* and also done past papers but still don't feel confident and feel I need to have a last glance at everything. I know how to use the sine and cosine rule.

If you had the exam today how did you find it?
Reply 53
I AM dOING TO DO THE same thing for B2 AND B3 !!!
Original post by Tinka99

In that case, that's great! :smile: Glad to hear that.
Reply 55
Original post by isabere
I AM dOING TO DO THE same thing for B2 AND B3 !!!

I stayed up till 4am last night studying Maths and then went to bed for about 3 1/2 hours until 7.30 but for B2 and B3 I guess I am doing an all nighter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending