The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erodedsoul
I got something like that. I didn't put brackets though.

I got 5p^2 - X = y because you square both sides first, giving p^2 = X + Y/5. Multiply both sides by 5 to get 5p^2 = X + Y and then taking X from each side leaves Y as the subject.
Original post by 34908seikj
Wasn't the last question like 1/2 * 7 * 8 Sin(X) = 18

56Sin(x) = 36

Sin^-1(36/56) = X

x = 40

???

I think I did it wrong then.

yeah my friend and I got that too!
Did anyone else get two minus numbers as the answers for the quadratic equation one? I can't remember exactly what I put but I swear a teacher once told me that one should be positive and the other negative.
How do you answer the mean height of the trees question? I can never do those.
Overall, I thought the paper was quite good, though edexcel seem to be obsessed with crisps- first Richard and his survey and now working out the best value pack.
What did your graph look like when you did the table of values?
Can someone post the questions too?
Would be great, oh and marks for each one also, thanks!
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
image.jpg
Sector Q. I think it's correct :smile:.

Wait but why would u have to work out the arc length of inside sector,u only need the outside one?
For the last question I got 80.3 ???? Did anyone else get this? I used the full angle (40.00520088 degrees) and did not round it because I was still using it as part of the calculation
what did people get for the bounds question?
For the question about the image and pixels, I got 500 for the new height. Anyone?
Original post by funky2722
no its 80.4 but theyll accept 80.1 i think. It depends whether or not you used precise values, by storing in calculator

This.
Original post by erodedsoul
I'm not too sure, if it was 2 marker I imagine you'll get at least 1 mark though.

i wrote it as my answer but i put 9/20 in my workinh out
Original post by funky2722
no its 80.4 but theyll accept 80.1 i think. It depends whether or not you used precise values, by storing in calculator

Never round up in the middle of calculations !!
Original post by Bobby123ch
The last question was
3X +6X -2 =0 work out x so it can't be degrees but apart from that I agree

The last question on the paper was working out angle BAC in a triangle with area 18cm^2 and sides of 7 and 8.
Original post by junayd1998
Man i went hard in this test. What did you get for how many metal rods can you fit in the trolley?

hi I got 80.38 on the last question and 3 metal rods :smile:
Essentially, there were two ways ro do the last question. First using the area formula for 40 degress would get 2 marks.Then cosine for the other side which was 5.2cm.Another 2 marks. Finally you could either use sine rule or rearranged cosine. Sine is better. Cosine means that there is more variation from 80.3(or whatever it was), as there are more calculations. For 6 marks the working out is key , forget the final answer, at least 4 marks are for worling out. When doing calculations you should never round at all even though it says 3 sig figures. This is done only at the end. This means unless you all did this , 80.3 is probably close but not exactly right either. I actually nearly ran out of time and did cosine because I wad rushing, and got something like 75.5 because I rounded too early and cosine caused a lot of variation (had to add, subtract and then divide). Probably still get 4 or 5 mrks though...
Original post by Wimsett
what did people get for the bounds question?

What was question 3 on?
29.25 for the bounds question
Original post by futurematters
Me too!

Wait what even was the parallel lines question lol
Original post by ronin.k
yes it was 11 divided by 234 times by 50 giving 11

it was 51/234 timesed by 50

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending