The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by backup1
Thank you! What was the freedom law?

A referendum against the young plan because some, especially the anti-republican right felt that Germany shouldn't have to pay its reparations at all and it didn't matter to them that in the young plan they had been reduced and stretched over a longer period
Original post by Mowerharvey
Does anyone have any evidence showing Hitler being decisive?

In terms of the efficiency controversy?
Original post by Annie.humair
In terms of the efficiency controversy?

Yes
What is the Locarno pact and what's its significance?
Original post by Mowerharvey
Yes

He was interested in foreign policy so we took the decision to remilitarise the Rhineland against the advice of his generals
Ordered the invasion of Poland
Original post by Annie.humair
What is the Locarno pact and what's its significance?

Germany agreed to it's post war borders with bordering countries, and it's significant as it increased international confidence in Germany and led to them being admitted into the League of Nations
(edited 7 years ago)
Someone asked about Generalplan Ost but deleted their post I think. Here's what it did.

Outlined plans to ethnically cleanse and colonise most of Eastern Europe with ethnic Germans. This necessitated the genocide of non-Aryan peoples (Slavs & Jews)
(edited 7 years ago)
I know this is a bit late, but can somebody clarify if its alright to not revise a chapter for section A? So will they always ask questions from multiple chapters on section A?
Original post by asdbnsadsjkab
I know this is a bit late, but can somebody clarify if its alright to not revise a chapter for section A? So will they always ask questions from multiple chapters on section A?

there will be two questions in section A so i guess you could leave out a chapter but its risk considering the other question may be tricky
Original post by asdbnsadsjkab

Yes, for example you could opt not to revise the growth of the Nazi party section if you wanted to.
Likewise with section B you could revise just world war 1 or just efficiency + popularity.
Original post by Dannyboy2015
Yes, for example you could opt not to revise the growth of the Nazi party section if you wanted to.
Likewise with section B you could revise just world war 1 or just efficiency + popularity.

Alright, thanks :smile:
Do you reckon they could ask for a comparison of the Golden Years against another period of time?
Original post by chloe_s
Do you reckon they could ask for a comparison of the Golden Years against another period of time?

It sort of already has, in June 2014 one of the questions was "How far do you agree with the view that, in the years 1919–29, the democratic experiment in Germany must be seen as a success?" So you have the early years of 1919-23 which were a mess and then the Stresemann years of 1924-29.

Not sure if it will come up this year though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anybody wanna do a couple practice questions and bounce some ideas off eachother? Haven't done anything for this until today and I plan to do a 10+ hour session today if possible
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XiuXiu
Anybody wanna do a couple practice questions and bounce some ideas off eachother? Haven't done anything for this today and I plan to do a 10+ hour session today if possible

Yes sounds good.
Why don't you start it off?
How would you structure the questions:

'Without Hindenburg, Hitler would never have risen to power in Germany' How far do you agree with this opinion?

'Germany was a dictatorship before Hitler's appointment as Chancellor in January 1933' How far do you agree with this judgement?
COULD ANYONE GIVE ME NOTES ON THE FINAL SOLUTION,STRESEMAN'S FOREIGN POLICY AND NAZIS RISE TO POWER.....WOULD BE HELPFUL AS STRUGGLING A LITTLE BIT THANKS

ALSO....HOW IMPORTANT ARE STATISTICS AND FIGURES e.g.number of seats in coalition governments,grain imports during WW1 etc as lacking that too???
Does anyone know that if a questions came up about morale would you mention resistance such as bomb plot and white rose? And vice versa if it was a question about opposition would you include morale such as women youth and churches? THanks
im going to fail. ive only started to properly revise today and have no idea how to go about it! somebody help me pleaseee!!!!!!
Original post by kayleesue
im going to fail. ive only started to properly revise today and have no idea how to go about it! somebody help me pleaseee!!!!!!

you can get a good grade just by revising the day before so don't worry.

you should just focus on a few areas as you obviously can't revise the whole period in one day - I'd prepare for a question on the golden years (were they stable?) 1924-1929 and a question on the Final Solution (was it planned from the start, or did it arise through the chaotic nature of the Nazi state?)

but generally if you just learn WW2 (morale, final solution) and the Weimar Republic (threats to the republic in the early years, golden years) you SHOULD be fine for Section A

Section B - Choose one of the controversies and learn the important points/arguments i.e. for the WW1 controversy - slithered into war? war caused by aggressive german foreign policy? war to solve internal domestic problems in Germany? Fear of encirclement? military plans?

for section B generally a good plan is: introduction, paragraph agreeing, paragraph disagreeing and an inbetween paragraph with a conclusion. Important to cross reference the sources to show how each one disagrees/agrees with the other and implement own knowledge to support or disagree with points the sources make.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending