The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
What was the Quadratic Equation (20) that we had to answer?Also, for the Depreciation answer, the answer was 7392 so ----- Yes, the value did reduce by more than half after 3 years.Trial and Improvement was 3.8What did you guys write for the Upper Bounds question (21)? I got 27?
Original post by polarising
No, you're not supposed to have double negatives for quadratics - one positive, one negative. As for the trees question, you had to find the midpoints of the frequency ranges and then multiply that by the values in the other column (I forget what it's called). Then add all the values and divide by the number of values.

(With Edexcel's crisp questions and AQA's copious amounts of alcohol-related questions in their biology paper, I feel like I know exactly what the exam writers have during breaks.)

Oops. Hopefully one of them was right.
I'm joining the people on twitter who want Colin's car to blow up.
I was a bit wtf at the metal bars on the trolley one, but I got 3 which seems to be right according to this thread.
Original post by muchunknown
No it wasn't 😂😂 3-X/(3-x)(-3x-4)=1/-3x-4=-1/3x+4

You're wrong. The bottom was X-3 not 3-X and so the top and bottom aren't the same and therefore don't cancel out
Original post by Yusuf90
Was 27.5 correct for the upper bound of I ?

Yes mate i think so at least i put 27.75 or 28.75 so on the right lines
FROM MARK SCHEME JUNE 2015 ----->>>>>>> Probability
Probability answers must be given a fractions, percentages or decimals. If a candidate gives a decimal equivalent to a probability,
this should be written to at least 2 decimal places (unless tenths).
Incorrect notation should lose the accuracy marks, but be awarded any implied method marks.
If a probability answer is given on the answer line using both incorrect and correct notation, award the marks.
If a probability fraction is given then cancelled incorrectly, ignore the incorrectly cancelled answer.
yu could put 45% and get mark
i need that mr kibria dude where is he at
Original post by Hennajj
Ok, you have me doubting myself, what I did was 3 divided by 750 which 240 and then multiplied the 2 by 240. I just remembered "whatever you do one, do to the other" AM I WRONG OR RIGHT WHAT THE HECK

It was definitely 480

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CopyThat
100% isn't double... 100% of something is just it's self

100% of 1.8 is 1.8
45% of 1.8 is 0.81.
1.8 + 1.8(100% increase) = 3.6 + 0.81 (45% increase) = 4.41
Original post by bobs your uncle1
You're wrong. The bottom was X-3 not 3-X and so the top and bottom aren't the same and therefore don't cancel out

Please expand (3-X)(-3x-4) for me mate and prove that I am right
Original post by Ian3471
I got £42.28 i think

Ugh I swear I got 42.32
Reply 690
Original post by Chloetbqh
What did everyone put for the Colin question

i think i put 42. something.
Original post by JoeR12345
7(c) was not 2.61m. It wanted a 145% increase and 2.61m is only a 45% increase. You needed to find 100% of 1.8 (double it) and find 45% of 1.8. Add these two values together (3.6m and 0.81m) to get 4.41m.

It wasn't a 145% increase - the maximum length of his skis was 145% of his height, which is only an increase of 45%.
Original post by DOMAR34
What was the Quadratic Equation (20) that we had to answer?Also, for the Depreciation answer, the answer was 7392 so ----- Yes, the value did reduce by more than half after 3 years.Trial and Improvement was 3.8What did you guys write for the Upper Bounds question (21)? I got 27?

Dont think the depreciation question was below half mate mate
Original post by Amyrosee
The answer was 80.4, if anyone got 80.3 it's a rounding error and 80.1 it's rounding errors throughout :smile:

I got 80.3 and i rounded the angle to 40 (it was like 40.0005..)
Also, i had to round some sides to 3-5 dp because I couldn't do all on my calculator :/

I'm pretty sure they'll accept a range 80.1-80.4 or 80.3-80.4

They are always lenient if in your calculations throughout you round to 3dp (or around that, 2 maybe) instead of using all of the figures.
Guys if I got 90 on the last paper what do you reckon I would need on this one to get an A*?? Don't think I did as well on this one
this thread is going to fast for my computer
What was Question 16?
Reply 697
Original post by muchunknown
Because to make -x become 3x squared it had to be multiplied by -3x and to make 3 become -12 it had to be multiplied by -4 and then I expanded to check and the 5x was there also

How did u factorise in the first place, quadratic equation or multiplying the x^2 coefficient and the constant?
I got the same as you because you needed to round it
Reply 699
Original post by CopyThat
You can have a decimal ratio but you only apply that in biology in maths they tel you not to (I THINK)

Ahh ok thanks for letting me know. I haven't been taught at all this year and I guess it's those small things you forget haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending