The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Physical Education PHED 3 - 17th June 2016 Thread

Hi guys I've been searching for an A2 PE thread but I couldn't fine one so I decided to make one myself.
If anyone has any predictions on what the 14 markers are going to be then post it here, also what are your teaches predicting?
For any of you who are struggling to revise I recommend James Morris on Youtube he covers everything on the AQA A2 PE spec and his videos aren't to long either

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks Hardeep!
Reply 2
Original post by TSJD
Thanks Hardeep!

No problem mate, how are you feeling for this exam?
Reply 3
My teachers are not predicting anything so some predictions would be a huge help anyone??
Reply 4
Original post by lingie
My teachers are not predicting anything so some predictions would be a huge help anyone??

Yeah I am in the same position tbh, I asked my physiology teacher for some predictions and he said he doesn't like doing predictions because he doesn't want to get it wrong and misguide people, however he did say he finds it weird how there hasn't been a 14 marker on doping (anabolic steroids, HGH et..) since its a very popular topic in the news right now
Whats the role of the national lottery? In as much detail as you please.
Reply 6
Original post by Hardeep98
Yeah I am in the same position tbh, I asked my physiology teacher for some predictions and he said he doesn't like doing predictions because he doesn't want to get it wrong and misguide people, however he did say he finds it weird how there hasn't been a 14 marker on doping (anabolic steroids, HGH et..) since its a very popular topic in the news right now

Yeah I think that it could come up in contemporary issues side of the paper though, that's what my teachers think! I would love a fourteen marker on energy system!
Hey guys!
phys topics that havent come up so far
- lactic acid system
- recovery = epoc
- fatigue = OBLA, VO2 MAX, RER, factors causing
- sports injures = risk factors , preventing
Reply 8
My teacher is predicting a leadership 14 marker for the psychology side of the paper!
Reply 9
how did you guys do in the coursework?
I constantly get mocked for doing sports a-level. Yet its one of the lowest pass-rates, and coursework was over 15000 words long.
Original post by samm_sr
how did you guys do in the coursework?
I constantly get mocked for doing sports a-level. Yet its one of the lowest pass-rates, and coursework was over 15000 words long.

Really? No-one mocks us, there's a lot of subject knowledge to learn! In the coursework I got 48 and 53 which is a couple off an A*, but a few people got 118/120! What about you?
Reply 11
This year for A2 for me has been a bit of a joke.
Our AS teacher left, who had been doing the subject at our school for many years. To be replaced by a man who has had no previous experience at A-level at all. When teaching he was using someone elses notes, and hadnt even gone through them himself, so he was constantly trying to figure out what they meant.
He literally left the courework til the last week. I had started before then because our previous teacher had started us off, but I wasnt even sure when the deadline was. He then told us that the previous teacher told us the wrong way of doing the coursework work (which she'd be doing for many years). So I had to re-do most of it.
I wasnt allowed to do my prefered sport because he had 'no experience' in it. So I was made to do football, instead of a sport where I was once a National Champion.

I dont know my grade but he told me he gave me a B overall. Which im really not happy with.
Im not confident I'm going to do well in the exam because I dont even know what he's been teaching us was right.
And it really doesn't help that I have an exam clash on the friday, with English. So off the back of the English exam theres a supervised break, then into the Sports exam..
Reply 12
Sports isn't a big in our school. There are only 4 people, including myself, who are doing Sports Exercise A2. And the school is ditching the course next year because no-one signed up for it.
My friends have no idea how much work it is, and constantly make jokes about our Sports revisions sessions as running around fields....
Even after I showed them my 15000 word coursework, they laughed as comparing myself to elite footballers is funny apparently.
My psychology teacher thinks the 14 marker might be on attributions. You guys have any other predictions, and how'd you do on the coursework and practical.
Original post by samm_sr
This year for A2 for me has been a bit of a joke.
Our AS teacher left, who had been doing the subject at our school for many years. To be replaced by a man who has had no previous experience at A-level at all. When teaching he was using someone elses notes, and hadnt even gone through them himself, so he was constantly trying to figure out what they meant.
He literally left the courework til the last week. I had started before then because our previous teacher had started us off, but I wasnt even sure when the deadline was. He then told us that the previous teacher told us the wrong way of doing the coursework work (which she'd be doing for many years). So I had to re-do most of it.
I wasnt allowed to do my prefered sport because he had 'no experience' in it. So I was made to do football, instead of a sport where I was once a National Champion.

I dont know my grade but he told me he gave me a B overall. Which im really not happy with.
Im not confident I'm going to do well in the exam because I dont even know what he's been teaching us was right.
And it really doesn't help that I have an exam clash on the friday, with English. So off the back of the English exam theres a supervised break, then into the Sports exam..

That's really tough, I had the same kind of thing with ICT last year.. That's complete BS that you weren't allowed to do your sport, have you complained to anyone about this?
Original post by samm_sr
Sports isn't a big in our school. There are only 4 people, including myself, who are doing Sports Exercise A2. And the school is ditching the course next year because no-one signed up for it.
My friends have no idea how much work it is, and constantly make jokes about our Sports revisions sessions as running around fields....
Even after I showed them my 15000 word coursework, they laughed as comparing myself to elite footballers is funny apparently.

Eurgh it's just immature, don't even worry about it, everyone doing this course has had to do it! I had to compare myself to Thibaut Courtois :^_^:
I have been revising but struggling to retain it, any help??
Original post by SHANNON SAYERS
I have been revising but struggling to retain it, any help??

Any areas in particular?
Original post by OwenSallows
Any areas in particular?

Psychology and stuff on Alactic and Lactic, EPOC. How is everyone else feeling about this exam?
Original post by SHANNON SAYERS
Psychology and stuff on Alactic and Lactic, EPOC. How is everyone else feeling about this exam?

Hopefully these help?

Quick Reply

Latest