The Student Room Group

Feeling like a bit of a guinea pig...

Please help

With half of the a levels changing this year to linear I have real AS exams as well as mocks straight after. I have both my mocks (in chemistry and physics) the day after my last AS exam (Further Maths) , I'm not sure how important the mocks are but I think they are going to decide my ucas grades for those subjects for uni. As I'm dropping further maths should I prioritise my mocks or the real as exam? Which grade/s is going to be more important for applying to uni?
Original post by HenryMCP
Please help

With half of the a levels changing this year to linear I have real AS exams as well as mocks straight after. I have both my mocks (in chemistry and physics) the day after my last AS exam (Further Maths) , I'm not sure how important the mocks are but I think they are going to decide my ucas grades for those subjects for uni. As I'm dropping further maths should I prioritise my mocks or the real as exam? Which grade/s is going to be more important for applying to uni?

I would definitely prioritise your real AS exams, as they are standardised tests that compare your performance with others in your year nationally, allowing unis to directly compare you to other candidates. Mocks on the other hand will be set by your college/sixth form and won't allow them to compare you. Chances are they will merely influence your predicted grades for A2, but asking your teachers what the importance of the mocks is may not go amiss.
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
I would definitely prioritise your real AS exams, as they are standardised tests that compare your performance with others in your year nationally, allowing unis to directly compare you to other candidates. Mocks on the other hand will be set by your college/sixth form and won't allow them to compare you. Chances are they will merely influence your predicted grades for A2, but asking your teachers what the importance of the mocks is may not go amiss.

ok thanks, I've asked my teachers in the past and they all give very different answers, some saying they're very important some saying to just focus on my AS exams. I'll take you're advice and focus on my AS exams though :smile:
Original post by HenryMCP
Please help

Prioritize all equally(obviously put a little more effort into your real one) but they're all equally important because they'll all be used to help you get offers from uni's

Quick Reply

Latest