The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kitty201322
which topic are you changing to from addiction because think lll change to
and where are you getting the notes from? would you be able to share them

same here:tongue:
Original post by Onica
Predictions for schizophrenia?

I think the issues associated with classification and diagnosis of schizophrenia is likely to come up
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I feel failry confident with this exam, its just unit 4 its so bad theres so much waffle for topics like depression and addiction.

I actually prefer unit 4 because the questions are shorter and more of your knowledge across the topics is assessed, for unit 3 I found it frustrating that most of what you learn isn't tested in the exam, and I worked out for my topics that 10% of what I revised for came up - seems a ridiculous waste of time and very content heavy! In other essay subjects like History where there is also a lot of content to learn, you get a choice of questions in your exam, but not for psychology!
Reply 4083
Original post by iamparisstar
i think the issues associated with classification and diagnosis of schizophrenia is likely to come up

dont just revise predictions!
does anyone know how to answer the theory of planned behaviour questions
Original post by evekay
what's the alternative to addiction? because i haven't started writing the essays for it yet but i'm not looking forward to it... maybe it'd be an idea to learn a whole other topic and if so we'd be in the same boat?

Media as it seems really easy and straightforward less essays makes sense and according to loopa probably the easiest topic im really tempted as i havent started addiction
Original post by Anam
Also how would you answer this question: outline clinical characteristics of depression (4)

I'm just doing this now haha!

I would answer it like this:

The main two characteristics of depression are low mood and/or loosing pleasure in past, enjoyable activities. One (or both) of these need to be present to be firstly diagnosed, along with 5 other characteristics which could include: insomina/hypersonmia, excess weight loss or gain, reduced sex drive, psychomotor agitation/retardation, or recurrent thoughts of death/suicide. These symptoms need to be shown for a 2 week period and represent a change in normal functioning, everyday. The symptons should also not be in response to a natural response. e.g. loss of a loved one.

Let me know what you think
what was the question on aggression in PSYA3?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Media as it seems really easy and straightforward less essays makes sense and according to loopa probably the easiest topic im really tempted as i havent started addiction

thing is where will you get the information from? like you could buy the loopa e-book but i've already bought the addiction one... let me know because i might do the same as you😅
Guys any ideas on how to thoroughly learn the whole research methods topic? We haven't been taught it and exam is in 4 days....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roughly, what are the grade boundaries for psya4? How many marks do I need to get an A?
Hi guys, im revising bio explanations of smoking - is it possible for initiation of smoking to just come up as a question on its own- or would it just be a generic- outline bio explanations to smoking.. If so how many marks could it possibly be? Because i cant find much material :frown:
thx in advance
Original post by кяя
Guys any ideas on how to thoroughly learn the whole research methods topic? We haven't been taught it and exam is in 4 days....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything you need to know is here, and then just practice some past papers :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/050vv14ktr0djck/Psychology%20Revision%20-%20Research%20Methods%20Topic.pdf?dl=0
Reply 4093
Original post by Fleming1928
Roughly, what are the grade boundaries for psya4? How many marks do I need to get an A?

Pretty sure it was 51 last year?
Everything you need to know is here, and then just practice some past papers :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/050vv14ktr0djck/Psychology%20Revision%20-%20Research%20Methods%20Topic.pdf?dl=0

Thank you!! Do you think I can get a good mark on it despite only starting now?

The link isn't working?
What debates could you use for biological explanations of depression?? I studied about genetics, neurotransmitters, hormones and brain damage but I completely forgot to note down debates??
Someone answer plsss :smile: :smile:

How many A02/studies are enough to still get full marks? 3/4?Also do IDAs still count in PSYA4?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Someone answer plsss :smile: :smile:

How many A02/studies are enough to still get full marks? 3/4?Also do IDAs still count in PSYA4?

I normally do 5/6 A02 points and yeah I think IDA's count if they are on a major issue with research but I wouldn't include more than 1 in each essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_w
I normally do 5/6 A02 points and yeah I think IDA's count if they are on a major issue with research but I wouldn't include more than 1 in each essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

5-6 is a lot isnt it? i've always used 4, isn't it basically the same as the psya3 exam? (this is for 20-24 markers)

Latest

Trending

Trending