The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VMaurice04
arccos(theta)=0.75
cos(theta)=0.723

oh so i did get it right :biggrin:. Looks weird cos it usually is in pi form.
Original post by fpmaniac
oh so i did get it right :biggrin:. Looks weird cos it usually is in pi form.

Yeah I checked that so many times
Also for the taylor series question I did some weird things. I wrote f(x) = tan x , f ' (x) = sec^2 x , then I started using product rule to get f '' (x) and f ''' (x) and one of the terms i got was sec ^ 6 which was very weird. Would I get any marks for that
Original post by athers116
Will you post unofficial MS on here or start a new thread?

Here you go
Original post by kelvin1338
Hey Zacken, how many marks do you think I lost in the polar coordinates if I substituted in the wrong limits for BOTH curves? My integration is correct and I added both areas up at the end so I should get those method marks...everything is correct apart from the limits and final answer

I'd say drop maybe 3-4 marks?
Original post by Zacken
Already sat M1, M1, M3, S1, S2, S3 in Jan and I've sat S3 in June already so I barely need anything in FP2/3 to get the A*

Jan exams are really a nice thing to have. We dont have it in UK though. Its nice to be able to get rid of some subjects in the beginning of the year and if by chance they go wrong we can still retake them.
Original post by Fbiemad
Jan exams are really a nice thing to have. We dont have it in UK though. Its nice to be able to get rid of some subjects in the beginning of the year and if by chance they go wrong we can still retake them.

Haha, although the same benefit didn't quite apply to me. I started my AS year in September 2015 and sat those exams in Jan 2016. Bit rushed. :tongue:
Also for the taylor series question I did some weird things. I wrote f(x) = tan x , f ' (x) = sec^2 x , then I started using product rule to get f '' (x) and f ''' (x) and one of the terms i got was sec ^ 6 which was very weird. Would I get any marks for that

depends on which form you left your f'''(x) in
depends on which form you left your f'''(x) in

I left it as it was e.g. sec^6
Would there be error carried forward in 4b, is you got the expression for 4a wrong as the answer to 4a ii would depend on 4a?
(edited 7 years ago)
I left it as it was e.g. sec^6

then i don't know, did you get the show that right afterwards?
Original post by Datta10
Would there be error carried forward in 4b, is you got the expression for 4a wrong as the answer to 4b would depend on 4a?

Are you talking about 4ai and 4aii? 4a and b were not related
then i don't know, did you get the show that right afterwards?

At that point i thought I just did it the part a the wrong way but carried on to get possible method marks so didnt even try b)
Original post by Student403
Are you talking about 4ai and 4aii? 4a and b were not related

4 a ii
At that point i thought I just did it the part a the wrong way but carried on to get possible method marks so didnt even try b)

ah okay, i ended up with f'''(x) = 2sec^4 + 4tan^2sec^2
Grade boundries???
Original post by solid222
Grade boundries???

We'll find out in August
Predicted grade boundries?
Original post by Zacken
Already sat M1, M1, M3, S1, S2, S3 in Jan and I've sat S3 in June already so I barely need anything in FP2/3 to get the A*

You sat units in Jan? i thought January sits were abolished.
Original post by jpepsred
You sat units in Jan? i thought January sits were abolished.

Yes. International.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending