The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Did anyone use a case study for globalisation?? (Higher paper)
Reply 281
Original post by Melbo19
I was so confused with that question, but I labelled different parts, for example when tourism rose , I said it was development, like I used parts of the butler model..did anyone else do that?

I struggled with that one aswell, I think I put something about cheaper holidays and travel....:s-smilie:
How about Indonesia for population?
Reply 283
What did people write for the development 8 marker?
Reply 284
same
Reply 285
I did Changing Urban Environments, Globalisation and tourism. Exam was okay to be honest the 8 mark question for globalistation was awful
Reply 286
Original post by Melbo19
Did anyone use a case study for globalisation?? (Higher paper)

No, that was an awful 8 marker. I just expanded on what the three people said.
Original post by Melbo19
I was so confused with that question, but I labelled different parts, for example when tourism rose , I said it was development, like I used parts of the butler model..did anyone else do that?

I didn't read the question to begin with and just drew a weird version of the butler model.
Then when I realised that I should probably read the question before attempting it:biggrin:, I used the butler model, but my annotations included an explanation e.g. recession, 7/7 bombings, Olympics.
Mine was probably ridiculously wrong but meh.
Reply 288
The annotating the graph question was nothing to do with the butler model you just had to put common sense reasons but they will probably credit you for using the terms like recession and development with a reason
Reply 289
Original post by mxskaan
Same for the last qwc did you refer to ecotourism or just tourism in Kenya?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the favela-bairo project
China
And the last one I did tataquara lodge but I'm worried it was only Kenya a lot of people are saying it was both but idk.
What do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Probably around:
A* 72
A 65
B 56
C 49
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Probably around:
A* 72
A 65
B 56
C 49

I don't think they'll be that high love, no need to go scaring people xxx

The highest I've seen for an A* is 67 so far so I'm not too sure about you're predictions... However I guess there is a chance!

We'll just have to wait and see :smile:
Original post by worksmartnothard
I don't think they'll be that high love, no need to go scaring people xxx

The highest I've seen for an A* is 67 so far so I'm not too sure about you're predictions... However I guess there is a chance!

We'll just have to wait and see :smile:

That's based on how easy everyone found the paper. 67/84 is only 80%? Seems a bit low. AQA have said in their private podcasts that they're set to increase grade boundaries. (Not that I've got an A* myself).
That's based on how easy everyone found the paper. 67/84 is only 80%? Seems a bit low. AQA have said in their private podcasts that they're set to increase grade boundaries. (Not that I've got an A* myself).

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews...

Yeah it was back in 2013 as well! After that it was around 65. Oh I never knew that, I guess we'll just have to wait till results day ;D
Original post by JamesJohnson
I used butler model aswell but with reasons not sure might get 1 mark hopefully
Also what could use for the last case study question in tourism ?
Can you use tataquara lodge?

Yeah you can because the Amazon is in-between the tropics :smile:
Original post by CFormby
I did the favela-bairo project
China
And the last one I did tataquara lodge but I'm worried it was only Kenya a lot of people are saying it was both but idk.

I did the exact same case studies as you.
We asked the head of Geography in my school and he said either Kenya or ecotourism (e.g. Tataquara lodge).
I missed out the u in Tataquara each time I wrote it so I'm going to get stupid marks deducted from it for SPAG

do u by any chance know where i could find where AQA have said theyre going to raise boundaries? id quite like to read it
Original post by MBK14
If on population, when it asked "what is meant by exponential population growth" I put:

As the population gets bigger, the rate of its growth increases

Will I get the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you will. I wrote exponential growth is when the population keeps increasing.will i get a mark for that?
how many marks was that question worth?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending