The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Original post by Ciprian324
Does anyone know any maths topics that will come up tomorrow,GCSE Maths Calculator Paper 9th June

Well, probably all of them?

Good luck!
Reply 4201
S1 paper was more friendly than expected yesterday:smile: anyone that did it give my thread a look [AQA], got some economics notes done and condensed too so I'm feeling positive overall. Off to sleep now, C4 paper(s) + vector questions and C3 functions tomorrow :smile: maybe some econ too
Reply 4202
Anyone got any notes for citizenship unit 3 tomorrow and psychology unit 4 on Tuesday? (media, research methods plus sz)
Original post by Anon_98
Heyllo TSR!

So, for most of us it's February Half term and as much as we all realise we need to work hard to attain the A grades that we'd love to see on our results sheet in August... it's all too easy to try and do anything to get out of the seemingly dreadful studying routine. Therefore, I thought it might be good to set up a thread for those who may be spending too much time on TSR procrastinating or anyone who needs a little boost with motivation. I think it also helps having other people revising at the same time as some form of encouragement, even if they are only virtually by your side.

Before the hour begins, the idea is that everyone states what they will do for the following 60 mins, in as much detail or as vague as you'd like then log out of the forum. After the hour, you will return here and report back with how much you managed to achieve. Hopefully it'll make everyone feel that little bit more motivated + accomplished. ^-^

You can join in at any time but if all goes well then I'll be posting from 7am -1am with one hour intervals up until the holidays are over. Not sure if I'm being over ambitious..well, it can't hurt to try. :laugh: Hours will be adjusted afterwards to suit the school period.

So if this sounds like your thing, then get your stationery + revision guides ready bc the first session will begin at 8:30pm.

May Half term revision timetable!

6:00am- Block starts.
7:30am- Block ends.
7:30-8:00am- Break period.

8:00am- Block starts.
9:30am- Block ends.
9:30-10:00am- Break period.

10:00am- Block starts.
11:30am- Block ends.
11:30-12:00pm- Break period.

12:00pm- Block starts.
1:30pm- Block ends.
1:30-2:00pm- Break period.

2:00pm- Block starts.
3:30pm- Block ends.
3:30-4:00pm- Break period.

4:00pm- Block starts.
5:30pm- Block ends.
5:30-6:00pm- Break period.

6:00pm- Block starts.
7:30pm- Block ends.
7:30-8:00pm - Break period.

8:00pm- Block starts.
9:30pm- Block ends.
9:30-10:00pm- Break period.

10:00pm- Block starts.
11:30pm- Block ends.
11:30-12:00am- Break period.

BEDTIME! :yawn:

Hey omg I just saw this! This would be so helpful if I'm lat. can you pls do the same for sept 2016 as I need motivation so can you make one for school days and one for every half term and tag me or message me pls . It would be great thanks !
Reply 4204
Original post by cocapopsxx
Hey omg I just saw this! This would be so helpful if I'm lat. can you pls do the same for sept 2016 as I need motivation so can you make one for school days and one for every half term and tag me or message me pls . It would be great thanks !

Sure <3
Reply 4205
Okay well, I ended up starting at 1am, rather than 12:30 but I just finished marking it + 94/100.

I don't know how to overcome my laziness for balancing equations though. - I say I'll attempt them everytime I do a paper but whenever I see them I just cba bc they take so much effort + I never usually end up getting them right after spending all that time. ): Okay, well I promise I'll attempt every question in the next one I do + I'll review the topics I lost marks on in the morning (equilibria, isomerism + reducing agents stuff) but I think as of now ..I'm stopping for today.

Plan for tomorrow is Biology unit 4, think I kinda want to save the rest of the chem material for Thursday evening/Friday morning.
(edited 7 years ago)
going to go through the F332 synoptic topics that come up in the pre-release (the mass spectrometer, photochemical smog and its causes and half life) - also going through the formation of ozone because i've forgotten it.
then i'll do 2 papers (June 2013 & June 2014)
will probs do a C4 paper just to break it up a bit and some biology unit 5 stuff
then return to F332 this evening and tomorrow morning.

(im so screwed for my last 4 exams C3 C4 F335 and Biology unit 5 it's not even funny)
Right, so my chemsitry lesson got cancelled :angry:

Going to review my chemistry notes until 11:30 then get started on the paper 2 style questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
going to do F332 June 2013
Aight, time to get started! M1 is out of the way, so now only fun exams left :biggrin:!!! (lol)

Gonna go over Born-Haber cycles; I'm feeling a synoptic question could come up on it...
Gonna do a chem F325 paper!
Reply 4211
Alright, I'm going to start with populations + ecosystems in 15 mins.
Good luck guys! Got biology exam tomorrow
Whizzing through Schizophrenia and Media (PSYA4) today

Already done a biology unit 4 past paper this morning and hopefully once I'm done with learning all the essays for PSYA4 I will do an f334 before bed! :smile:
taking longer than i hoped. got mid-way through june 2013 and realised i didnt have any notes on Elements of the sea so i've done those now, going to finish june 2013 then do june 2014. probably won't have time to do C4 today which is annoying, but been distracted so need to make sure im solid on f332 for tomorrow.

after f332 tomorrow, ill try and do a C3 paper, and some BIology unit 4 and F334 revision, the following day doing C3 C4 Biology Unit 5 and F335 papers, so the next few days i can focus on next weeks exams without having to worry about not having done much for my final 4.
Reply 4215
I'm currently making my Bio 4 notes + they're taking me absolutely ages. Taking a break now until 4:30pm then I'll continue for two more hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright, I've had my acids and base theory overview, as well as a quick recap of Born-Haber cycles. Now, I'm going to answer some F214 mixed exam questions from this website: https://mrsmillersblog.wordpress.com/a2-biology/

Later today I'm gonna do a chemistry unit 4 past paper :biggrin:! Next exams on Tuesday and Wednesday :O!!
Reply 4217
Original post by Kryptonian
Good luck guys! Got biology exam tomorrow

Good luck for tomorrow! <3

~

Okay, my break kinda got extended by half an hour, but I'm going to do human populations now.
Got my Politics unit 3 exam on Tuesday... I feel so unprepared and pessimistic, I don't feel like I have enough time to cover it all. :redface:
But I have to go on, shouldn't dwell on it - today I've really been making good progress with piecing together the ideologies and what I need to know. I think I'll continue with anarchism now! :woo:
Just got back from college, got 8 topics left to review for chemistry now after doing like 6 at college - gonna whizz through them pomodoro style and finish it all tonight hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest